Exceptional opportunity available suit an ambitious Contaminated Land Specialist looking to fast track their career. This fast-paced role will enable you to develop your skills and responsibilities in a highly dynamic and commercial environment.
My client is the largest independent multi-disciplinary Building Consultancy with a modern commercial outlook and close-knit team ethic.
As a Phase 1 Phase 2 specialist, you will be primarily responsible for professional environmental services relating to transactional due diligence and coordinating ground investigations. You will be looking to progress to senior level or having recently achieved a senior role.
Bringing your technical expertise, you will evaluate a broad range of environmental factors and communicate findings and risk, in succinct, commercial language tailored to their clients, which include property investors, fund managers, high net worth individuals and developers. You will also act as an internal source of technical expertise to other areas of the business from new graduates up to Director level.
Working closely with the Associate Director/Director to support this area of the business, you will be responsible for delivering a high quality of work whilst building and developing successful client relationships.
London – Southwark/London Bridge
• Advising clients on environmental liabilities including land/groundwater contamination issues and other pertinent considerations such as sustainability, flooding, UXO etc.
• Site walkovers (driving required).
• Applying technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions.
• Writing and reviewing technical due diligence reports.
• Writing and reviewing ground investigation reports.
• Liaising with site occupants, sub-contractors and regulators.
• Due diligence and site investigation project coordination.
• Providing a first-class level of service and advice to help maintain a network of clients and ensure repeat business.
• Current understanding of relevant environmental regulations, legislation, and assessment criteria.
• Managing sub-contractors.
• Working with and supporting all business functions/service lines.
Ideally You Will Have the Following
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
• Track record of undertaking site walkovers on a range of land uses and delivering Phase 1 reports.
• Phase 2 experience, including leading ground investigations, managing sub-contractors, field skills (logging, sampling, etc), preparation of risk assessments and delivery of technical reports.
• Degree qualified in a relevant discipline such as Geology, Geological Engineering, or Environmental Science.
• Client facing experience.
• Problem solver who consistently delivers a high standard of work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective communicator.
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to work on own initiative, as well as in a team.
• Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
• Driven and self-motivated.
• Driving license.
• Standard MS Office skills.
• A Masters degree in a relevant discipline.
• Chartered or working towards chartership.
• Business development experience.
• GIS/CAD experience.
Rewards & Benefits
You will receive continuous support and mentoring to help you develop your career. There is unlimited scope for further progression within the team.
You will be evaluated, on the delivery and quality of your work, through regular 1-2-1s with the Director. In return my client provides a bonus remuneration package on top of a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
You will work closely with the Project Management, Building Surveying, and technical teams to provide a first-class service to clients, as well as Business Development activities. You will also support a wide range of senior colleagues across the business in your day-to-day role.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.