My client is a fiercely independent consultancy with a fabulous reputation in the market. They have an enviable culture as well as an exciting portfolio of high profile and challenging projects across the UK.
As a consultant in Environmental Permitting, you will join a team of highly experienced staff who can offer technical advice on negotiating the complexities of environmental regulation and how current and future legislation may affect client’s existing or proposed operations. My client works for a broad range of clients across several industry sectors including waste and energy/combustion, and water/effluent treatment, and offer support and advice as project managers or alternatively as partners to an existing project team.
The role will report on a day-to-day basis to the Director of Environmental Permitting and working with others in the team or my client’s other multi-disciplinary project teams, as required.
The role will primarily be office based with travel required attending client meetings and sites as required. Continued Professional Development and career training is available to facilitate future career and knowledge development.
• Having responsibility for helping to win/developing new business within Environmental Permitting (industrial, waste, minerals or other associated fields), Environmental Management and Compliance;
• Using your experience and technical knowledge of regulatory compliance and permitting to produce high end technical reports.
• Being responsible for the management of other staff within the Permitting team
• Technical knowledge of regulatory compliance and permitting.
• You will need to gather, assimilate and analyse information (including numerical data) that may not relate to your core discipline, e.g. engineering information from oil and gas projects.
• You will need to be organised and use your time management skills to produce reports from a variety of projects.
• BSc in Geography/Environmental Science (or equivalent).
• 3+ years experience in environmental compliance and permitting.
• Experience of working with the UK regulators.
• Previous experience of consultancy would be advantageous but is not essential.
• Driving licence.
• Eligibility to work and reside in the UK.
Bristol – other locations considered, Manchester or Sheffield, with flexible working from home.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of core benefits. They offer time in lieu, flexible hours, contributory pension, discretionary bonus, phone and laptop, significant mileage rate or car rental, paid membership to relevant industry body. There is also significant scope for further progression.
Even if you are even cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.