Once In A Lifetime Opportunity!!!
Can you see yourself at the forefront of Biodiversity Net Gain and Habitat Creation? This is a unique opportunity to join the firm pioneering the most innovative approach to Habitat Creation and Nature Recovery.
JSM are working in partnership with The Environment Bank as they embark on a truly unique and exciting business programme that will change the industry forever. They brought the concept of biodiversity offsetting and net gain through development, to the UK back in 2007. We are delighted to be handling all the recruitment as they go on this incredible journey.
This is your chance to make a real difference in the sector by being a part of this pioneering approach to Biodiversity Net Gain and Natural Capital Credits, resulting in a major Habitat Creation and long-term Management programme.
Due to significant investment from the market and the forthcoming Environment Bill, The Environment Bank require an experienced ecologist to join their established team of advisers. We are looking for a highly passionate, motivated and versatile ecologist to play a key role in the team based at their head offices in York.
Advisors need to be enthusiastic, quick to learn and adaptable to help with the variety of tasks that you will be required to undertake.
You will be able to bring a variety of skills to the team. As a minimum, you should have the following:
Key Core Skills Required
• GIS experience;
• Understanding of Biodiversity Net Gain policy and the biodiversity metrics;
• Habitat/ botanical surveys;
• Habitat management and restoration;
• Report writing;
• Full driving license;
• Client liaison; and,
• Ability to work within a team.
Desirable Skills Include
• Knowledge and understanding of biodiversity net gain policy and biodiversity metrics and condition assessments;
• Experience in GIS systems (capable at mapping out polygon vectors and extrapolating the area of polygons. Preferable for individuals to have additional knowledge relating to topological analysis and database management);
• Experience conducting habitat surveys;
• Ability to work alone and effectively within a team;
• Experience in report (ecological) writing; and,
• Basic knowledge of the planning system/agricultural practises and/or stewardship schemes preferred.
A full, valid Driver’s licence is essential.
About this Opportunity
This will be a highly varied role that will see you taking on a multitude of responsibilities;
• Undertaking fieldwork, including site surveys and monitoring;
• Overseeing habitat creation projects;
• Liaison with various stakeholders including developers, local authorities, landowners, environmental NGO’s;
• Report writing;
• Undertaking research;
• Liaising with senior staff and other team leaders
• And much MUCH more.
Rewards & Benefits
The Environment Bank offers a highly competitive salary along with a full range of benefits. There will also be significant scope for rapid career progression, with ongoing training and support provided.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join The Environment Bank at this pivotal time in the industry and will see you at the forefront of the market.
You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about this incredible opportunity.