Once In A Lifetime Opportunity!!!
Can you see yourself at the forefront of Biodiversity Net Gain and Habitat Creation? This is a unique opportunity to join the firm pioneering the most innovative approach to Habitat Creation and Nature Recovery.
JSM are working in partnership with The Environment Bank as they embark on a truly unique and exciting business programme that will change the industry forever. They brought the concept of biodiversity offsetting and net gain through development, to the UK back in 2007. We are delighted to be handling all the recruitment as they go on this incredible journey.
This is your chance to make a real difference in the sector by being a part of this pioneering approach to Biodiversity Net Gain and Natural Capital Credits, resulting in a major Habitat Creation and long-term Management programme.
Due to significant investment from the market and the forthcoming Environment Bill, The Environment Bank require an experienced ecologist to join their established team. We are looking for a highly passionate, motivated and versatile ecologist to play a key role in the team based at their head offices in York.
You will be able to bring a variety of skills to the team. As a minimum, you should have the following:
• At least 3 years experience in ecological consultancy of conservation sectors
• Good communication skills and experience of liaising with a range of stakeholders such as clients, statutory bodies, local planning authorities and landowners.
• Comprehensive knowledge of ecological survey and mitigation techniques
• Ability to complete habitat survey with skills in botanical identification.
• Comfortable in preparing reports such as Preliminary Ecological Appraisal, Biodiversity Net Gain Assessment and habitat management plans.
• Knowledge of habitat creation/restoration design and the production of long-term management plans
• Experience in the use of GIS
• A good BSc and/or MSc in a relevant subject
• An understanding of legislative and planning policy framework as it relates to ecology and nature conservation.
• Knowledge of Biodiversity Net Gain, the biodiversity metric and experience in its application and reporting
• Knowledge of protected species survey and mitigation requirements
• Knowledge of Environment Impact Assessment processes and reporting
• Experience in UK Habitat survey methodology
• Botanical ID skills of FISC level 3 or similar
• Commercial awareness of planning, agricultural and conservation industries
• Experience using QGIS
• Membership to CIEEM or equivalent body
• A full driving licence
A full, valid Driver’s licence is essential.
About this Opportunity
This will be a highly varied role that will see you taking on a multitude of responsibilities;
• Undertaking fieldwork, including site surveys and monitoring;
• Input on habitat creation projects;
• Liaison with various stakeholders including developers, local authorities, landowners, environmental NGO’s;
• Report writing;
• Undertaking research;
• Liaising with senior staff and other team leaders
• And much MUCH more.
Rewards & Benefits
The Environment Bank offers a highly competitive salary along with a full range of benefits. There will also be significant scope for rapid career progression, with ongoing training and support provided.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join The Environment Bank at this pivotal time in the industry and will see you at the forefront of the market.
You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about this incredible opportunity.