Job Title: Senior Ecologist
Salary: £28,000 - £34,000
One of the UK's leading environmental consultancies, specialising in planning, design, ecology, and management is seeking a Senior Consultant to join their London Ecology team.
As a Senior Ecologist within an established team, you will have the opportunity to undertake both field and office-based work across a broad spectrum of clients including central and local government, government agencies and environmental bodies, professional institutions and trade associations, the voluntary sector, and private sector companies.
Role & Company:
As a senior member of the ecology team, you will be involved in all stages of project development from tendering through to completion. As such, to be successful in this role you should have an interest in the generation of new business, client liaison and staff management.
In addition, you will.
* Plan, prepare for, supervise and undertake a range of ecological surveys including habitat and protected species surveys.
* Undertake data analysis, quality assurance and high quality reporting.
* Coordinate sub-consultants.
Qualifications & Experience:
You should have.
* A relevant first degree (post-graduate qualification desired)
* Confident field ecology skills with established expertise in at least one taxonomic group, including strong botany skills and experience of Phase 1 Habitat and NVC surveys.
* A protected species survey licence (preferable but not essential)
* Expert knowledge of relevant planning policy and legislation.
* Extensive experience in project management, including survey design and management and project financial management.
* You should have demonstrable experience in the delivery of Ecological Impact Assessments, research reports and EPS licences.
* Full and clean driving licence
* Full membership of CIEEM (preferable but not essential)
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Ben Quilter on 07872 500 661 or bdq@mattpart,com
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com