Hi, We’re Bulb. Nice to meet you.
We’re working remotely to protect our team during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. But we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
We are the UK's biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe's fastest growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy by Bulb and we’ve now expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
We’re hiring for an Energy Trader to help us execute our hedging strategy, and take responsibility for buying electricity and gas across our UK and International markets.
As an Energy Trader you will:
* Analyse market fundamentals and translate this into a hedging strategy
* Provide detailed analysis of wholesale markets movements
* Ensure prompt trade execution
* Optimise timing of wholesale hedging with our risk policy
* Share ideas and suggestions around improvements on hedging products and risks balancing
* Work with the data science team on forecasting of electricity and gas demand and settlement performance
* Use our ETRM to book trades
* Communicate with the other teams to maintain and develop our strategy
What you'll bring to Bulb:
* Experienced energy trader with advanced knowledge of the UK and European Power markets
* Trade execution experience covering Gas and Power supply, Renewable PPAs, flexibility assets and renewable certificates
* Familiarity with short term trading: Day Ahead, Intra-Day Half-Hourly and Balancing Mechanism markets (ideally experienced with real-plant trading)
* Data-driven approach and confident using google sheets, prior SQL experience
* Good Python skills
* Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving approach
* Able to prioritise effectively
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
Cycle to work scheme
One month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you're invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.