At Tesla, our Service Managers are the front-line leaders of our Service operation. They act as brand ambassadors, delivering an exceptional experience to customers, managing day-to-day operations as well as proactively developing team members to reach their full potential.
We hire leaders who want to run a service business and be a part of our critical mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
Our Service Managers consistently deliver excellent results across all aspects of the business; customer satisfaction; people leadership; operations; and financials. To succeed at Tesla, you must be energetic, highly organized, and smart working as well as having a passion for true leadership and our brand.
- Ensure a safe working environment for both employees and customers, taking responsibility for EHS and safety training within the Service Centre
- Have overall responsibility for the whole Service Centre and the functions within
- Drive and monitor all KPIs within the Service Centre including, but not limited to, Customer Satisfaction, Fix Right First Time, - Workshop Productivity, Workshop Efficiency, Lead Time, Inventory, Incident Reporting and Costs and Revenue
- Run daily morning meetings with all departments in the workshop, analyzing metrics from previous day and plans for that day
- Regularly communicate center performance to senior leadership
- Be regularly present on the floor, maintaining a close relationship with ground-level staff and taking the time to fully understand business operations and where your support is required
- Carry out regular one to ones with each direct report, setting clear goals/tasks, coaching and holding follow up meetings
- Onboard new hires and constantly assess training needs of current staff members
- Driver continuous improvement across the center, listening and learning from the team what improvements and efficiencies can be made to boost performance
- Deal with escalated customer cases, and approve ROs with discount or goodwill attached to it, investigating further if needed
- Liaise with other key stakeholders and departments across Tesla including Sales, Delivery, HR, Recruitment, Engineering and EHS
- Act as the main point of contact for external bodies and other local partners including facilities, city administration, apprenticeship programs, body shops and more
- Handle Service Centre related administration issues including e-Procurement and invoicing
- In some locations, you will be involved with business expansion, opening and managing new service centers as the business requires, working closely with the Regional or Country Manager
- You may be required to commute frequently between locations you are responsible for
- Experience of working within the automotive industry
- Proven background as an exceptional people leader
- Performs well in an agile, fast-paced environment where things can change very quickly
- Proven experience of working within a business at both strategic and operational levels
- An understanding of local legal employment rights and processes is desirable
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing/fluctuating targets and business needs
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with other business areas, stakeholder management
- Strong drive to motivate a team, to engage and facilitate others to achieve and succeed
- Perform, think and lead well under pressure
- A calm, considered approach with exceptional communication skills
- Digitally savvy – ability to adopt and adapt quickly to new technology and systems
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Able to communicate, read, and write effectively in the English language, and other local languages if required
- Must have and continue to maintain a valid driving license and safe driving record
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Learn more about Tesla
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.