At Tesla, our Service Supervisors are the front-line leaders of our Service operation. They act as brand ambassadors, delivering an exceptional experience to customers, managing day-to-day operations as well as proactively developing team members to reach their full potential.
We hire leaders who want to run a service business and be a part of our critical mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
Our Service Supervisors consistently deliver excellent results across both people leadership and business operations. To succeed at Tesla, you must be energetic, highly organized, and smart working as well as having a passion for true leadership and our brand.
- Supervise the health and safety compliance across the workshop, setting the tone and always leading by example
- Oversee and lead Technicians to achieve KPIs including, but not limited to, customer satisfaction, productivity, Fix Right First Time, profitability and cost savings
- Monitor performance consistently and be responsible for quality within the workshop, reporting progress to management daily, together with any specific incidents
- Identify any roadblocks disturbing workshop flow and ensure that each technician has the tools and training to perform their role
- Oversee inventory management, making sure the workshop is tidy and well organized
- Ensure that work standards and available engineering procedures are up-to-date, accurate and that all work is compliant
- Hold daily meetings with the team, outlining expectations and workload for the day ahead
- Act as the main point of contact within the workshop, connecting with customers directly if required to limit escalation cases
- Plan, prepare and distribute work to technicians based on skill level, capacity and resource
- Motivate, lead and inspire the team in continuous improvements and efficiencies
- Conduct regular one-to-ones and feedback sessions with Technicians, providing constructive and clear coaching and following up on development plans and any personnel cases
- Identify any training needs within the team and arrange relevant training courses as required
- Liaise daily with internal teams within the Service Centre including Sales, Delivery, Parts, Front of House and local Senior Management
- Technical automotive background as a Service Technician is highly preferable
- Ideally have experience of working with Electric Vehicles
- Proven ability to lead by example and be innovative with processes and efficiencies
- Analytical ability to understand and impact key performance indicators
- Problem solving initiative to fix problems when they arise, but also understand why and how they happened
- Ability to motivate a team, to engage and facilitate others to achieve and succeed
- A calm, considered approach with exceptional communication skills
- Digitally savvy – ability to adopt and adapt quickly to new technology and systems
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Able to communicate, read, and write effectively in the English language, and other local languages if required
- Must have and continue to maintain a valid driving license and safe driving record
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Learn more about Tesla
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.