Local Unit & Position Description
Are you looking for a leading business development focussed role in ESG and sustainability services?
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Consultant with exceptional, proven, business development, sales and consultancy skills, and deep expertise in ESG, climate change and sustainability consulting to join our UK Assessment team in the UK.
This is an exciting role requiring a professional who can shape and execute a business development plan to deliver on target sales and lead multi-disciplinary consultancy teams in complex high value deals, both targeting tenders and leading major bids and also leading growth in existing key accounts.
On achieving these results you will be following through into leading project delivery teams to ensure customers experience the full value from the service promise and achieve their business goals and outcomes.
We help clients integrate sustainability into their: core business strategy; enterprise risk management; financial strategy; operations and supply chains acting as a trusted third party delivering a full suite of assurance and advisory services.
You will get the opportunity to lead projects across a number of domains including climate change consulting (mitigation and adaptation), ESG & TCFD and climate risk consulting, supply chain sustainability; report assurance; sustainability strategy, green bonds & sustainable finance. You will play a leading role in the business development, sales & delivery of one of these specialised services, as well as project management across the entire service portfolio as part of a strong team of professionals and world class experts.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
- Gravitas and credibility to take on visible leadership of an area of business development related to climate change and sustainability
- A strong interest and demonstrable senior level experience in corporate sustainability in one or more of our sustainability services outlined above
- Ability to play a leading role in the business development growth work of a high performance team
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proactively seeks to identify real customer needs and manages customer expectations accordingly
- Ability to direct the work of project teams efficiently and effectively
- Ability to direct teams to manage a number of tasks in parallel
- Communicates in a clear, open, active and honest manner and seeks understanding of other views to add value without becoming distracted from core goals
- Excellent oral and written business English communication skills
- An understanding of conflicting stakeholder needs and ability to develop solutions to address these
- Willingness to travel and work around the UK and overseas
- Ability to sign up to business relevant sales targets and be accountable for high performance against these.
There are plenty of opportunities for personal growth through our 70-20-10 philosophy (70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training) and an individual career development plan.
The position is rewarded appropriately, including good fringe benefits such as:
A permanent contract;
Lifestyle benefits (26 days of annual leave + opportunity for up to 10 days unpaid leave, sabbatical leave, flexible working options);
Wellbeing benefits (inc. Private Medical and Dental Insurance, Medical check-ups, Gym allowance and free fruit);
Travel benefits (inc. Season Ticket Loan Cycle to Work Scheme);
Life assurance and employer-matched pension contributions (employer contribution - up to 9%);
Re-imbursement of relevant Professional Membership Fees (up to £500);
and many, many more!
If you feel that this is the place for you, apply!
* Please note we may close this position earlier in case of finding successful candidates.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are one of the world’s leading certification, assurance and risk management providers. Whether certifying a company’s management system or products, providing training, or assessing supply chains, and digital assets, we enable customers and stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence. We are committed to support our customers to transition and realize their long-term strategic goals sustainably, and collectively contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!