Job Title: Director of Biodiversity Location: Flexible across UK and NI Salary: Negotiable
With the realisation that Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG) will become a key component of all large scale infrastructure and development projects in perpetuity, the need has emerged for a Director of Biodiversity to lead the strategy within a rapidly expanding, highly established multi-disciplinary consultancy.
This is an unparalleled opportunity in the current market to take a leading role in Biodiversity Net Gain to have a lasting impact on UK developments and total autonomy on the direction of the service offering within an excellent consultancy.
Role & Company:
As the Director of Biodiversity you will coordinate the development of a BNG strategy within the organisation, leading both the technical and commercial deliverables in the UK and abroad in the coming years. Our client is offering an outstanding package which includes a highly competitive salary and generous wider benefits.
You will develop a Biodiversity framework for the business to implement into their work going forward, build a team around you and establish the service line how you see fit.
General responsibilities will include;
* Support the existing ecology team to implement a biodiversity strategy across their project portfolio
* Provide ecological guidance, advice and technical approval to project's operations at all levels
* Provide external communication and liaison with relevant stakeholders, agencies and bodies
* Build and manage a team
* Business Development and networking
Qualifications & Experience:
This is a bespoke role and one that would appeal to an experienced Ecologist or Environmentalist with a keen interest in biodiversity net gain, policy and planning. Alternatively, it could attract someone with a background in ecology who has moved into the public or third sector in a more strategic, policy or best practice role. Key necessary experience includes;
* Project (and commercial) management, preferably on large scale linear infrastructure
* Knowledge of UK Planning and BNG legislation
* Stakeholder consultation and engagement
* Contribution to EcIA chapters
* Consultant coordination and management
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in providing strategic advice and biodiversity net gain direction on high profile construction, renewables and infrastructure projects across the UK. It is also a chance to broaden your skillset and breadth of ecological and conservation knowledge, to encompass more planning, policy and legislation while being generously remunerated with excellent benefits.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Ben Quilter on 07872 500 661 or bdq@mattpart,com