An exciting role delivering transformative change within the offshore wind sector working with a leading international multi-disciplinary consultancy.
Overview / Responsibilities
Due to continuing success in the offshore wind sector, my client is seeking a talented and motivated EIA Project Manager to join its Environment & Infrastructure team, the location is flexible with homeworking and multiple offices across the UK. Already a well-established and major player in the industry, the organisation finds themselves in an even stronger position after the recent Offshore Wind Leasing Round 4.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a growing team to deliver and manage EIA and consenting for high profile major infrastructure projects. In particular, you will:
* Lead project teams technically, strategically and commercially to deliver large EIA projects and consenting advice for offshore wind projects at various stages of the project lifecycle
* Continue to grow our offshore project portfolio by supporting business development activities to develop our existing clients and win new work.
* Develop, motivate and mentor junior staff to reach their potential
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging but fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development across the wider Environment and Infrastructure consultancy business.
* Experienced in delivering EIA's for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects in the offshore wind sector and be familiar with the Development Consent Order process as well as the Town and Country Planning (EIA) Regulations. This experience will ideally have involved project leadership throughout the project lifecycle from Scoping through to Examination.
* A leader in EIA with experience of providing technical management at a project level. The candidate will have excellent reporting and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team, seeking technical input from other disciplines to deliver carefully considered solutions to produce high quality work.
* An accomplished staff manager particularly leading multi-disciplinary teams as project manager.
* An excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, clients, suppliers and industry.
* Experienced in commercial and business management including management and responses to strategic bids, monthly reporting, resourcing and recruitment
* Willingness to travel, including possible international travel.
The successful candidate will have:
* A degree (or equivalent), in a relevant environmental discipline, with a strong emphasis on EIA and/or SEA
* Postgraduate qualification in environmental science/planning (or related field of study)
* Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or other professional accreditation/ registration with a recognised body
* Full driving licence