Exceptional opportunity for a Senior EIA Consultant to join an established team within one of the most highly regarded consultancies globally. My client is at the forefront of sustainability and climate change consulting and boasts some of the most talented people in the industry.
You will be joining an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through their work, my client’s focus is making a positive difference in the world.
As part of the continuing growth of my client’s established multi-disciplinary environment team in the North sub-region offices, they are looking for an experienced environmental planner/EIA practitioner, with at least four years of experience. You will come from a planning or environmental consulting background and will be progressing towards RTPI and/or IEMA full membership.
The role will include:
• Identifying the need for and coordinating environmental inputs to infrastructure projects
• Preparing Environmental Statements and other environmental reports across a range of project types
• Providing close assistance to the project management of multidisciplinary environmental teams
• Technical report writing
• Client facing on environmental aspects of projects
• Supporting business development and winning work activities
• Project and team administration duties
• Producing project related correspondence and reports
• Co-ordinating work of engineers and other environmental technical specialists
• Line management of junior staff
Essential Requirements & Skills
• Degree and/or masters in an environmental related topic
• Chartered status with IEMA or similar
• Significant EIA sector experience
• Track record of working with designers on large infrastructure projects.
• Capacity to work in a multi-disciplinary environment with other groups (e.g. Planning, Transport and Project Management);
• Support to effective project delivery and within budget and programmes assigned to specific area of work.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by my client and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.