A leading Nationwide Firm are urgently looking to bolster their Building Control team across the UK. The ideal candidate will be delivering a highly technical and professional service in line with CTC Building Control's aims and in line with the Standard Operating Procedures and QA systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supporting and advising commercial clients about building / property issues in line with the UK Building Regulations and all necessary legislation.
* Contribution to CTC business development targets through relevant engagement with project stakeholders and effective follow through of leads
* Acting as BV contact for external project stakeholders
* Bid and quote preparation up to XX (TBC)
* Leading projects across a range of mid and high rise building types (over 30m tall), with a project value between £1m and £10m. Accountable for carrying out inspections of work; checking plans, drawings and associated information to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations
* Ensuring that records of all project and inspection records are accurately entered on the database
* Generating quotations and compiling technical reports.
* Coaching and sharing project and technical knowledge with Assistant Surveyors & Surveyors Developing and maintaining excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships.
* Carrying out duties in accordance with QA procedures
* Attend relevant training sessions and completion of personal CPD
* Supporting relevant Technical Authorities on other schemes as required
Key Performance Measures:
* Utilisation of 70%
* Adherence to SOP's and QA procedures
* Quality of technical project work
* Effective ownership of external project stakeholder relationships including but not limited to Project Managers, Architects, clients and Contractors
* Ability to share technical knowledge with colleagues and assist with embedding culture of improvement and best practice
* Behaviours against BV competencies
* Assist in the delivery of the business's budget and development plans.
* Documenting work and allocation of time to projects in line with CTC process.
* Prompt and accurate completion of timesheets and submission to Managing Surveyor / AD
Experience & Skills Required:
* Ideally qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in Building Control / Building Surveying
* Minimum of 4-5 years of experience of working as an Approved Inspector in Building Control, ideally with exposure to commercial clients
* Accredited RICS/CABE/CIOB status