Are you an experienced Contaminated Land Specialist looking for a new and exciting challenge outside mainstream consultancy? Would you like to work for a leading property advisor servicing prestigious clients across the UK and Europe?
Following continued growth and increasing client demands, the Environmental Risk team is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable and motivated Environmental Consultant, reporting to the team’s Contaminated Land lead, to enhance the existing provision of land contamination advice and support its further growth as part of the environmental and sustainability agenda for my client’s extensive Client network. My client is an award-winning firm, highly respected within the commercial real estate sector.
London/Southampton/Bristol/Birmingham/Manchester/Edinburgh (with significant flexible working arrangements available)
• Undertake the provision of environmental due diligence for individual asset and portfolio transactions across the UK and Europe.
• Manage and deliver environmental assessments (site investigations) for a wide range of sites for both transaction and redevelopment purposes.
• Manage work with supervision from senior members of the Environmental Risk team, monitoring time/costs against fee allowances to ensure deliverables are in accordance with scope, on time and to budget.
• Contribute to the promotion of the Environmental Risk team and Environmental Consultancy group through participation in intra-company forums and initiatives, including CPD/knowledge share sessions.
• The successful candidate will have an appropriate first degree and ideally master’s in environmental science, geology, chemistry or environmental management. Membership of a recognised professional body and working towards chartership (where applicable) would also be beneficial.
• At least two years post graduate experience gained working on environmental projects for an established environmental consultancy, including experience of due diligence work and Phase II site investigations.
• Experience of sustainability consulting would be beneficial, though not essential.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Self-motivated individual with the ability to consistently deliver to a high standard and to tight deadlines within a demanding, client focused environment.
• The ability to manage and prioritise expectations and deliverables for a range of high calibre clients.
• Proficiency in Salesforce, MS Office and Google Applications, experience of GIS platforms would be beneficial, though not essential.
• Willingness and ability to present at a range of internal and external forums.
Rewards & Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity outside of the normal mainstream consultancy roles often available. It offers significant scope for progression and financial reward. My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers significant training as well as great scope for progression and reward.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.