Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Obtained an undergraduate degree in a related subject and have some knowledge of current legislation and policy.
* 3 to 5 years recent professional experience
* Developed interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
* Ability to manage deliverables in accordance with project programme.
* Skill in managing stakeholder/ client expectations.
* Commercial awareness and demonstrable negotiation skills
* Ability to consider wider matters, for example, knowledge of communications, environment, property, public relations, stakeholder engagement, town planning or traffic and highways
* Experience of one or more of the technical disciplines: communications, environment, property, public relations, stakeholder engagement, town planning or traffic and highways.
* Major infrastructure project experience e.g. DCO, TWAO or Hybrid bill schemes.
* Knowledge of the energy, railway sectors or construction industry.
Typical Work Activities / Key Accountabilities
* Assisting senior colleagues in the coordination of all consents and engagement matters required by a project and with a wide range of written applications, appraisals, reports and statements.
* Managing your own smaller projects and elements of larger projects with supervision and support from more experienced colleagues.
* You will also be tasked with assisting senior colleagues deliver projects on time and within budget.
Day to day Duties include:
* Research and analysis of relevant policy (National, Regional and Local), appraisals and policy reviews as necessary
* Monitoring of all relevant works undertaken by a project to ensure that they are undertaken in compliance with all relevant consents or engagement requirements; and that necessary consents or stakeholder engagement activities are delivered in line with the programme.
* Assistance in producing and monitoring submission of consent applications or stakeholder strategies and ensuring their timely delivery.
* Helping to coordinate contractors/designers input in relation to consents and engagement.
* Attendance at consultation events, meeting with planning officers, councillors and other professionals.
* Able to maintain good client relationships.
* Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to our clients' environments, including working individually and as part of a team.
* Possess a good level of interpersonal skill, both verbal and written.
* Ability to work on own initiative and with the minimum of supervision.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Tom Howell on 07739 650 246 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.