An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Manager to join a Global Multidisciplinary firm as part of the Environmental Planning team. They are searching for a candidate who can not only provide technical leadership across a variety of projects but also provide planning and environmental permitting advice to existing clients. Alongside this you would be expected to contribute to the business strategy for waste management activity - however it is not essential to have experience in this, instead it is an opportunity for a candidate to grow and build on their business development skills.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Leading and developing the Environmental Compliance, Planning and Permitting work stream for the team.
* Providing operational and technical advice on environmental compliance, materials, and waste management projects.
* Managing relationships with existing clients as well as providing regulatory support to them.
* Ensuring governance processes are followed in the delivery of the teams' projects.
* Acting as a Technical Authority on relevant projects to ensure technical quality.
* Assisting in the development of technical policy, procedure, and design solutions across the teams' projects.
* Supporting in the mentoring of appropriate project managers.
* Degree in a related discipline.
* Recognised professional qualification / membership / accreditation.
* Tangible experience in planning and permitting.
* Demonstrable technical experience in appropriate specialisms.
* A successful record of project delivery.
* Good communication and team working skills.
* Able to support and direct people.
* Ability to recognise opportunities within inter-team working as well as at project level.
* Understanding of governance systems and procedures, financial project management systems, and business and commercial issues.
You will be joining a top ten civil engineering firm, as recognised by New Civil Engineer (NCE). Here, you will be part of an inclusive, friendly, and flexible working environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. As part of the firm, you will help to transform society by being a trusted consultant to clients.
Applications will be considered from either Principal Consultant, Technical Manager or Technical Director levels. This role could be based anywhere in the UK, but there is a preference to be based in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, or Leeds.
If this role sound of interest to you, and you would like to discuss in more detail, or the wider market in general, please do not hesitate to contact Georgia on 020 7960 2583 or ges@mattpart,com
Not for you? If you know someone who might be a suitable candidate, for every successful referral we gift £250 as a thank you, and plant a tree as a part of our offsetting scheme.