Environmental Advisor – South Wales
This is an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Advisor to join this global civil engineering contractor, to work on a large scale leading projects. The role will be supporting the group Environmental and Sustainability manager on all aspects of environmental compliance and reporting across this multimillion pound project:
• Assist in the development, implementation and delivery of the Project Environmental management system.
• Support the project team in securing relevant permits and consents to facilitate the delivery of the construction programme in a timely fashion.
• Work in conjunction with the Environmental Clerk of Works to ensure compliance against permits and project requirements.
• Manage and coordinate data collection and reporting against performance KPIs
• Support the Environment and Sustainability Manager in the delivery of the CCS Ultra site registration and CEEQUAL deliverables.
• Support the Community Benefits and Liaison team in investigating, managing and reporting environmental complaints
• Engage with and support key supply chain partners in the provision of information and data.
• Work with the Environmental and Sustainability Manager in engaging with statutory and Non-statutory stakeholders.
• Assisting in the delivery of the Construction Environmental Management Plan and the Register of Environmental Actions and Commitments.
The role requires the right candidate to be degree qualified in an environmental discipline or equivalent. This must be coupled with a minimum of 2yrs previous experience working in a similar role, ideally on construction or infrastructure projects. An understanding of ISO 14001, CCS and CEEQUAL is expected, as is a logical approach to deliver projects and the ability to multi-task and problem solve. Excellent interpersonal skills are also key, with the ability to communicate across the project delivery team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading orgainsation within this field on interesting and diverse projects. The role with offer the right candidate the opportunity to develop their skill set, in supportive team of technical professionals.
0121 643 1074