Graduate/Assistant Town Planner - Full Time - Permanent - London
My client is one of the Countries leading independent and integrated Planning and Design consultancy, with regional offices across the UK. Their busy London office are looking to hire an ambitious, commercially minded Graduate/Assistant Town Planner.
This reputable and busy Planning team has an exciting opportunity for a talented, commercially minded and enthusiastic Graduate Planner to join their team conveniently place in the City of London. The successful candidate will join this supportive team environment to work on a diverse range of projects.
Ideally you will have excellent communications skills, Planning experience and technical knowledge and a willingness to learn. In return they will enjoy outstanding professional development and incredible career opportunities.
Key responsibilities of the role include taking responsibility or assisting with:
* Ongoing professional development, including working towards MRTPI qualification
* Developing Planning technical knowledge and awareness of other company disciplines and offices
* The delivery of a comprehensive planning service on a range of applications
* Promotion of a range of development proposals
* Coordination of project teams and project management
* Conducting research and site appraisals on projects for our client base
* Preparation, submission and negotiation of planning applications
* Preparation of planning promotion documents
* Community engagement activities
* Policy representations
* Providing planning appeal assistance
* Project managers to complete their tasks in delivering projects to time and budget
* Supporting the Planning team as required
It is essential that candidates have:
* Relevant degree
* Planning industry experiences and good knowledge of the Town Planning workplace
* Are committed to continuing their professional development with a willingness to learn and progress
* Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Are personable, commercially minded and professional with high levels of motivation, ambition and drive
* Have an ability to manage their own time and workload
* Hold a full UK driving licence and are willing to travel nationally
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Tom Howell on 07739 650 246.
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.