Escape the mundane! Great New Opportunities in the East of England & Midlands
My client is keen to speak to driven dynamic individuals with a proven track record of delivering ecological solutions for clients.
Do you have the transferable skills to join an ambitious people focussed organisation who strive to deliver the very best service to their client? Due to continued growth, my client has an exciting within their relatively newly established ecology team.
My client is looking for someone with the following:
• Passionate about building and maintaining client relationships?
• Solution Driven and enthusiastic to use your knowledge of ecology to help clients deliver their projects?
• An experienced ecologist with at least five years’ experience across a range of ecological disciplines?
• Ready for a new challenge in a progressive firm?
• Looking to find a firm who put their people first?
What to Expect
You will live within commuting distance of one of my clients offices and will be mainly office based, working on schemes for clients primarily based across the Midlands, East and South East Anglia providing strategic advice to their well-established client base, particularly in the utilities and infrastructure sectors. Daily office attendance is not essential, as the business offers a flexible approach to remote working, so long as the individual and teams are meeting objectives. Progression is one of their core values and as such will provide you with development opportunities and mentoring to help you move your career to the next level.
No two days will be the same as you will be working on fast paced utility and infrastructure projects, reporting regularly to clients and liaising with colleagues, stakeholders and landowners to agree scope of work and manage ecological surveys and write and review reports and associated documents.
You will be confident in your ability to provide strategic advice to your clients and successfully deliver numerous projects with the support of a wider team. You will be able to give pragmatic advice, aware of current legislation and policy to provide appropriate assistance and advice to clients and colleagues.
What You’ll Need
You will love working as a team player in a dynamic, fast-growing business. You’ll have great verbal and written communication skills and you’ll be ambitious to develop your career and join a business that is on an exciting journey, eager to work in a team where your qualities and abilities get noticed.
As a Senior Ecologist, you will be working on a whole range of schemes small through to large. You will be expected to successfully manage any project through the full lifecycle, from pre-application to implementation and monitoring. The required skills and experience are:
• A degree in Ecology or related discipline, together with membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (ideally Associate or Full membership);
• At least five years’ experience across a range of ecological disciplines including surveys/Ecological Clerk of Works, Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (PEA) and Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA), protected species licensing, and protected sites consents (such as Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) Assents and Habitat Regulations Assessments (HRA)). Experience in undertaking Biodiversity Net gain calculations is also desirable.
• Experience of producing ecological mitigation and enhancement strategies;
• Good knowledge of UK ecology and conservation: protected sites, habitats and species;
• Sound knowledge of UK nature conservation legislation, planning policy and processes;
• Knowledge and experience of working with GIS to record/manage ecological data and producing ecological survey plans;
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues as well as independently and to communicate effectively with a range of external stakeholders, clients and team members;
• Successful track record of delivering high quality technical work and written reports including PEA/EcIA and HRA;
• Proven track record in project management including managing budgets;
• Excellent people management skills including active listening skills;
• Confidence in developing and maintaining relationships with clients;
• Excellent report writing skills; and
• Supporting more junior staff, and appointing and coordinating sub-contractors.
Given the nature of the role a valid UK driving licence and a car (or access to a car) are essential, as is being able to prove you have the right to work in the UK.
So Why My Client?
As market leaders our expertise is highly sought after within the utilities and infrastructure sector. We have an excellent reputation for providing a high quality service to our clients. Our recent diversity of services means our Environment & Planning team provides an exciting range of opportunities for individuals to shine, grow in experience and get involved in all projects aspects such as delivery, client facing, finances as well as business development.
You’ll be joining a progressive business with ambitious growth plans that encourages personal and professional development. You’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a fantastic team, along with excellent benefits including flexible working, competitive pension plan and bonus scheme making my client the perfect place to continue your journey.
We encourage you to get in contact to enquire how your skills or interests could play a part in our business and our clients projects.
Rewards & Benefits
• 25 days annual leave + 1 extra day for your birthday + bank holidays
• Flexible working arrangements
• Annual Bonus
• Competitive pension plan
• Private Healthcare
• Professional Development
• Professional membership and training paid
• Yearly Summer & Christmas celebrations
Our client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.