Once in A Lifetime Opportunity!!!
Can you see yourself at the forefront of Biodiversity Net Gain and Habitat Creation? This is a unique opportunity to join the firm pioneering the most innovative approach to Habitat Creation and Nature Recovery.
JSM are working in partnership with The Environment Bank as they embark on a truly unique and exciting business programme that will change the industry forever. They brought the concept of biodiversity offsetting and net gain through development, to the UK back in 2007. We are delighted to be handling all the recruitment as they go on this incredible journey.
Due to significant investment from the market and the forthcoming Environment Bill, The Environment Bank are embarking on a huge period of growth and they are seeking a highly passionate, motivated and versatile Senior Ecologist to play a key role within their consulting business.
You will be able to bring a variety of skills to the team. As a minimum, you should have the following:
• At least 5 years’ experience in ecological consultancy or conservation sectors
• A genuine enthusiasm for ecology and the environment in the UK
• The desire to promote high standards in Biodiversity Net Gain assessment and delivery.
• An organised approach to work, flexibility and a high level of motivation
• An excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and administration skills
• Experience liaising with range of stakeholders from clients, statutory bodies, local planning authorities and landowners.
• Experience of project management, with a preference for understanding of both ecological planning and habitat management projects.
• A full driving licence.
• A good BSc and/or MSc in a relevant subject
• Membership to CIEEM or equivalent body
• Experience leading projects
• Experience of complex developments with a range of compensation and mitigation requirements
• Good knowledge of Biodiversity Net Gain, the biodiversity metric and experience in its application and reporting
• Ability to complete habitat survey, including UKHab with skills in botanical identification to FISC level 3 or similar.
• Good knowledge of protected species survey and mitigation requirements, including ornithological mitigation requirements.
• Experience in writing Ecological Impact Assessment reports and Environmental Impact Assessment chapters
• Experience writing Habitat Regulations Assessments
• Knowledge of habitat creation/restoration design and the production of long-term management plans
• Commercial awareness of the environmental planning industry and understanding of legislative and planning policy framework as it relates to ecology and nature conservation.
• Commercial awareness of agricultural and conservation industries
• Experience in the use of QGIS or other GIS system
Staff will be provided with a laptop and phone, as well as all work-related travel paid for.
Flexible location, working from home. Regular UK travel will be required, so centrally based people would be ideal.
A full, valid Driver’s licence is essential.
Rewards & Benefits
The Environment Bank offers a highly competitive salary along with a full range of benefits. There will also be significant scope for rapid career progression, with ongoing training and support provided.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join The Environment Bank at this pivotal time in the industry and will see you at the forefront of the market.
You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about this incredible opportunity.