Career defining opportunity for an Environmental Consultant to play a pivotal role within a leading consultancy business working on a host of prestigious projects in the UK and globally.
My client is one of the most respected firms to work for. They are independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through their work, they make a positive difference in the world.
They are looking for someone to support our growing portfolio of projects, focusing on the major cross-cutting agenda of the environment and to help embed environmental sustainability into the projects we deliver. Work is likely to include:
• Assisting and leading multidisciplinary environmental teams.
• Co-ordinating work between our engineers and environmental technical specialists including inputting to and shaping project designs and outputs.
• Identifying the need for and coordinating environmental inputs to infrastructure projects.
• Preparing Environmental Statements and other environmental reports across a range of project types.
• Client facing on environmental aspects of projects.
• Supporting business development and winning work activities.
You will work across sectors, markets, and geographies and with colleagues and clients to deliver these services.
North – Newcastle/Edinburgh/Glasgow
Responsibilities & Tasks
You will work within a growing regional team with diverse backgrounds in environment, ecology, landscape, water, air quality, climate and more in the vanguard of sustainable development and transformational change. The team delivers a varied and impactful portfolio of projects in many market segments, including water, cities, transport, and property sectors. Their core team of environmental specialists sits within the wider national portfolio of over 450 environmental professionals globally. Working at scales ranging across national, sectoral, city, organisation, programme and asset levels, helping clients manage the risks and opportunities in the environment.
Ideally You Will Have The Following
Potential candidates are likely to have demonstrable experience of environmental coordination and assessment, with a commitment to sustainable development. You will be required to be able to demonstrate the below:
• Experience of undertaking environmental assessments.
• Experience of developing environmental mitigation strategies.
• Experience of working with diverse multi-disciplinary design teams to influence environmental mitigation.
• Working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and guidelines.
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
• Effective written communication and report writing skills.
• Experience in environmental consulting
• Degree in a relevant topic
• Working towards Chartered Environmentalist status through an appropriate institution.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.