Incredible opportunity for an experienced Due Diligence Specialist to take on a lead role for a global consulting firm, proud of their reputation and culture. This role will see you joining an existing team of over 40 high calibre due diligence and corporate advisory specialists. You will be playing a key part in the delivery of exciting and complex Due Diligence projects within the M&A space as well as portfolio assessment for various blue-chip clients globally.
JSM have been retained by our client to exclusively source and identify the best talent for this career defining opportunity.
My client is one of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies developing innovative solutions to reduce pollution and restore natural environments.
Working for both borrowers and lenders, the team’s core services are to support corporate M&A projects. This offers the opportunity work on important and prestigious projects across a range of geographies and sector for a wide range of financial, industrial and legal clients.
My client is recognized global leader in the provision of environmental and health & safety (EHS) and environmental, social, governance (ESG) due diligence, supporting clients in hundreds of M&A transactions each year. They act for many global private equity houses, multi-national businesses (often Fortune 500 firms), property and asset investment and development institutions and legal firms.
My client is looking for someone with an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial approach. You will be part of a large collaborative and supportive team with an incredible range of projects and clients globally.
The company prides itself on their great culture, where they reward initiative and promote continual professional improvement. You will be provided with significant support and resources to succeed in the position.
UK – Flexible Location
The role can be based anywhere from one of my client’s main offices – they have a very flexible approach to remote working and promote a healthy work life balance.
The essential personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include enthusiasm; willingness to learn; collaborative nature; self-confidence; diligence; proactive taking responsibility; willingness to take the initiative and innovate; strong research and investigation skills and the ability to question and challenge on technical topics to identify the status/solution; ability to build strong trusted working relationships with colleagues, clients, and project teams. By the very nature of due diligence, it is essential that you have strong organisational and communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
• Supporting the delivery of environmental and ESG due diligence projects across a wide range of sectors, including undertaking data room document reviews, confirmatory site visits and reporting.
• Identifying, assessing and succinctly communicating environmental and ESG-related risks and opportunities to allow appropriate consideration by my clients and their stakeholders.
• Preparing clear and succinct environmental and ESG due diligence reports.
• Attending due diligence client/deal team calls with senior colleagues to understand the transaction mechanics and client-side considerations of my clients reports.
• Developing a comprehensive understanding of key UK and European environmental regulations and keeping up to date with the latest developments, regulations and standards in the ESG space, including those stemming from or relating to the UNPRI, SASB, TCFD or similar ESG standards.
• Building working relationships and collaborating widely with our international environmental and ESG due diligence team which will enhance your opportunities to work on a wide range of projects and rapidly develop your international due diligence knowledge and experience.
• Supporting the delivery of a wide range of environmental and ESG due diligence and strategy projects.
• Consolidating a fluent working knowledge of key UK and European Environmental legislation and ESG standards and concepts, relevant to my clients work.
• Supporting in identifying, tracking and communicating developments in ESG standards and topics to the wider team.
• Contributing to the continued development of my clients diverse, collaborative and supportive compliance, strategy and transactions team.
• Proactively representing my client’s due diligence and ESG services to the external market through contributing to business development initiatives, proactive use of appropriate professional social media opportunities and attendance at/contributing to external diligence and ESG events.
Ideally You Will Have the Following
• Demonstrable experience of undertaking an environmental and/or ESG Due Diligence consultant role across a wide range of sectors and client types.
• An understanding of key due diligence concepts commensurate with the role, e.g. differences seller vs purchaser due diligence approach etc.
• Ability to quickly and succinctly interpret and critically analyse ESG, environmental and other relevant information relating to the diligence Target Company or Asset, as disclosed in a data room or public sources, assess the potential risks or opportunities such issues represent to the Target which might be material in the context of a transaction, and propose pragmatic and realistic risk mitigation or opportunity maximisation solutions, including reasonable case and reasonable worst case scenarios and financial estimates together with the project manager and director;
• Appropriate professional understanding of the UK and key European legal framework of environmental (typically contamination-related) liabilities, and environmental compliance requirements, including the ability to put these risks into context and advise Clients or stakeholders on liability management options and potential associated financial liabilities.
• Appropriate professional understanding of the relevant international ESG-related performance, assessment and disclosure/reporting standards, and a commensurate understanding of how ESG risks and opportunities may be assessed and reported on in a due diligence context.
• Ability to engage with Clients and stakeholders to understand their requirements, obtain sufficient information, and succinctly and accurately report findings and deliver results; whilst maintaining and enhancing my client’s position as our Client’s trusted advisor.
• Ability to work successfully with UK and international colleagues and sub-consultants to ensure the timely and commercially successful delivery of my clients environmental and ESG due diligence projects and deliverables.
About This Opportunity
• My client is ranked by Mergermarket (www.mergermarket.com) as the No. 1 environmental consultant for M&A transactions in Europe for the period from January 2015