We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Ecologist to join a highly successful multidisciplinary and assist in the growth of their ecology team in Leicester.
The Leicester team is well-established with strong growth plans as business opportunities in the Midlands continue to develop. In order to appoint the best ecologists into their team, my client is happy to discuss flexible working patterns, including part-time or fixed-term contracts, with the right candidates.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Management, delivery and design of a range of projects, in accordance with budgets and deadlines
* Prepare technical reports, Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA) and/or ecological mitigation projects
* Coordinate and undertake surveys, including Phase 1 and protected species surveys
* Assist with the preparation of bids and fee proposals
* Liaise with internal and external parties, including colleagues, clients, contractors and stakeholders.
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree and / or a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. Ecology)
* Full membership of IEEM and CEnv status preferred
* Proven experience in EcIA and /or HRA, with a sound knowledge of UK ecological legislation, policy and guidance
* Knowledge of the licensing process and mitigation implementation across an array of sectors.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have commercial aptitude and a desire to develop technical and managerial skills going forward. The rewards include a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work on a wide range of national and international projects within a friendly and supportive working environment.
If this is somehting that interests you, please get in touch with Ben Quilter on 07872 500 661 or email and I would be happy to share more details.