Join one of the UK’s most highly regarded consultancies, with a reputation for outstanding work, fantastic culture and continuous progression and learning.
My client requires am ambitious Technical Director to join their highly established Environmental Planning team. I am seeking someone with a strong track record of leading the environmental and consenting aspects of complex major projects, with strong emphasis on DCO. My client’s projects span all consenting regimes, all sectors and all phases of the project life cycle from needs case development through to construction.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in delivering on number of significant projects especially in the infrastructure space. You should ideally be a qualified MRTPI practitioner, with a significant emphasis on working leading multi-disciplinary project teams, building internal and external relationships and developing strategies for further growth
The role can be based anywhere in the UK and could even be 4 days a week
Responsibilities & Tasks
• Delivering projects across multiple consenting regimes including Development Consent Orders, Transport and Works Act Orders, Town and Country Planning Act, Hybrid Bill etc
• Drive the growth of the planning and consenting capability within my client’s business as part of an integrated Planning and Impact and Assessment offering
• Leading multi-disciplinary teams in winning and delivering work, and growing our technical capability
Ideally You Will Have the Following
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Proven track record of delivering projects across multiple consenting regimes including; Development Consent Orders, Transport and Works Act Orders, Town and Country Planning Act, Hybrid Bill etc
• Experience across multiple sectors and all stages of the project life cycle including strategic optioneering, single option development, EIA, requirements discharge post consent and detailed design and construction
• Demonstrable experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams and growing technical capability
• Leading project teams through planning inquiries or examinations
• Be able to establish a strong internal and external network to support the successful delivery of projects
• Have experience of working at a senior level with diverse internal and external stakeholders, and evidence of building effective client relationships
• Display strong communication, interpersonal, relationship building, collaboration and influencing skills
• Demonstrate ability to drive innovation and a growth mindset culture within a business
• Experience across multiple sectors and all stages of environmental and planning consultancy’s project life
• Demonstrable successful experience of directing major pursuits, with excellent commercial experience
• Degree level qualification in town planning, Postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject
• Qualification recognised for Chartership of the RTPI
• Full Membership of the RTPI
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.