Senior Environmental Planner - New Markets
My client is a a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects, their aim is to purpose is to provide affordable and sustainable solar power for businesses and communities around the world.
With Solar being a growing and evermore popular provider of energy for the future, this proves to be a unique and excellent opportunity.
You will be working alongside an elite and forward thinking team of Environmental and Social Planner, who are recognised as industry leaders with significant experience in all facets of solar farm planning.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Working closely with International Business Development, Technical, Legal and relevant in-country teams in the completion of due diligence assessments of solar PV projects/portfolios within new market countries.
* Developing strong external relationships with key stakeholders such as Co-Development partners and relevant environmental planning sub-consultants.
* Reviewing Fatal Flaw Analysis, Feasibility Studies, Red Flag Reports undertaken by external Technical and Legal Advisors, commenting critically on the environmental and social planning findings of these reports.
* Participating in reviewing and commenting on Co-Development agreements
* Identifying and reporting on environmental and social planning project, portfolio risks,
* Working with on post-construction planning compliance audits for operational assets.
* Tracking risks and Co-Developer responses
* Reviewing and commenting on environmental and social planning risks
* Working on implementing department strategic objectives
Core Knowledge and skills needed
* Degree level planning qualification required
* A good understanding and keen interest in solar PV, renewables industry.
* Sound working knowledge of environmental and social planning and permitting processes, i.e. preparation of EIAs/ESIAs, community consultation, review of permit conditions etc).
* Ground mount solar PV or other renewables energy/infrastructure project experience.
* Understanding of the Due Diligence and risk analysis / feasibility assessment process
* Commercial awareness / development experience will be of benefit.
* Excellent technical, project management and communication skills with proven experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and cultures.
* The ability to evaluate and convey risks and opportunities
* Hands on and proactive approach to business
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Tom Howell on 07739 650 246.
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.