About the Company
A well-established fit-out and refurbishment contractor, based in London, are seeking to appoint an experienced sustainability professional, with explicit work in the built environment, to join their in-house Sustainability Team.
With roots in construction, they have an eclectic portfolio of projects with varying clients to deliver high-end workspaces. Employing 150 individuals company-wide, you'd report directly to the Sustainability Manager and help develop the growing sustainability team.
The ideal candidate possesses:
* A degree and/or masters in a related discipline.
* At least 2-3 years within the construction industry.
* A history in consultancy or a client-facing role.
* Full membership of IEMA.
* Detailed knowledge of BREEAM/WELL whereby you can conduct the process independently.
* A clear understanding of circular economy approaches, conscientious resourcing of materials and Net Zero Carbon approaches.
* Drive and ambition that exceeds the client's needs.
About the Role
* Review BREEAM and WELL specifications and assessments as well as formulate post-construction reports supported with evidence.
* Cultivate and apply innovative strategies that improve the company's sustainability performance
* Liaise with team members and stakeholders regarding social sustainability, e.g. occupant well-being, environmental sustainability, e.g. material sourcing, and economical sustainability, e.g. circular economy.
* Conduct environmental audits using ISO140001, PAS 402 management systems.
* Be informed on the legalities of construction/fit out and examine any changes in legislation.