One of the most sought-after Planning consultancies in the UK and internationally, with their own well established EIA team, is looking to add an consultant level EIA specialist to their business. Having gone from strength to strength in the past 4 years, my client is set for further growth to meet the demand from the impressive range of clients. If you are an ambitious EIA professional looking for a new challenge, then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
My client is a Global company offering a comprehensive suite of commercial real estate services, including transaction, management, financial and advisory services.
My clients Environmental Planning Team forms part of their Planning, Development and Regeneration Business Unit. The Environmental Planning Team provides complementary services to master-planning and town-planning commissions throughout the UK in addition to providing services to their other Business Units and direct to range of varied external clients. The services of the Environmental Planning Team seek to manage the environmental planning risks of clients.
Services include, but are not exclusive to:
• all matters relating to Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA);
• the provision of environmental constraints and opportunities planning at the site feasibility and master-planning stages of a project;
• the provision of high-level strategic environmental planning advice for complex situations at all stages of the development life-cycle.
My clients Environmental Planning Team is active across the whole of the UK and within a range of sectors (property, infrastructure, waste and energy). Continued growth and ongoing success necessitates the appointment of an Environmental Planning Consultant (approximately two years’ plus experience).
Flexible. A preferred geographical location is within London, Birmingham or Manchester
However, in recognition of the increased trend for remote working, flexibility in geographical location will be considered, albeit travel to Client meetings will be required, as necessary.
Ideally You Will Have The Following
My client will expect you to have:
• a relevant University bachelor’s degree or Masters;
• membership to a relevant professional organisation (preferably the Institute of Environmental Assessment and Management (IEMA)) and/or be a Chartered Environmentalist;
• a good to excellent understanding of various environmental topic areas and the UK planning system;
• a good to excellent understanding and practical experience of implementing the relevant EIA Regulations at all stages of the EIA process;
• experience assisting with or fully co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teams;
• experience working with and managing various project stakeholders;
• project management experience, including assisting with or full management of projects;
• excellent written skills, with specific experience authoring EIA Screening reports/requests, EIA Scoping reports/request, Environmental Statements (ESs) and other related deliverables;
• clear and confident communication skills;
• a pro-active and collaborative team approach, engendering inclusion, support and motivation amongst your peers;
• a desire to go beyond process and procedure, with an ability to think innovatively to enhance outcomes for clients.
Rewards & Benefits
Joining my clients Planning Team will provide opportunities to meaningfully contribute to the growth of the business and allow individuals to develop their career with hands on support from leading industry experts. In addition, they offer: excellent remuneration; an additional bonus scheme; one of the most generous benefits package in the industry; exposure to a highly regarded professional team and top-end clients; opportunities for Continued Professional Development (CPD); and a rewarding corporate culture and working environment.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.