One of the most highly regarded consultancies both in the UK and globally is a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced Life-Cycle Analysis Consultant to join their rapidly growing sustainability and climate change group. This unique opportunity will see you working at the forefront of the industry alongside many of the leading experts in their field.
As an LCA practitioner and consultant, you’ll be a key part of my clients dynamic team, delivering project work and contributing towards our thought-leadership initiatives. You will enjoy dealing with data, people and be solutions-oriented with some applied experience of lifecycle work in the carbon, climate, sustainability, environmental, social and/or HSE realms. Examples of technical work within this role include assessing engineering designs for infrastructure projects and producing/assessing Environmental Product Declarations for clients. Experience of assessing and improving the environmental impacts of materials, manufacturing, construction methods and nature-based solutions, will be beneficial in this job role. With my clients global network, you could have the opportunity of working with and learning from a wide network of LCA practitioners. You’ll be familiar with the challenge companies, projects and programmes are facing and be enthusiastic to learn and contribute directly towards enhancing them. You’ll strive for the transition to safer, greener, cleaner and net zero emissions future
UK Flexible (including significant homeworking)
Responsibilities & Tasks
• Leading industry-leading LCA projects and proposals, including LCA peer review and preparing deliverables
• Working directly with clients to investigate, guide, influence and provide advice on capturing data and calculating GHG emissions
• Organising data capture and hosting calls, carbon calculations, modelling future scenarios and preparing dashboards of key information
• Helping colleagues across the wide range of services across my clients business to design-in carbon solutions; this Could include setting science-based targets, identifying robust offsetting programmes, and providing tailor-made nature-based solutions
• Actively contributing low impact ideas and solutions (e.g. in workshops with design engineers), as well as decarbonising and enhancing sustainability in the design of infrastructure and development projects
• Supporting wider projects (e.g. international development, ESG strategies, net zero road maps)
• Contributing to marketing, strategy and capability documents
• Representing my client at industry and online events, and in thought-leadership.
Ideally You Will Have The Following
• Demonstrable experience in a professional business environment, for instance in engineering and/or environmental consultancy, as part of an in-house team or other relevant organisation (industrial, manufacturing) working in this field
• Experience of delivering lifecycle assessments and the confidence and ability to speak-up to drive change in sustainability topic areas
• Strong to extensive familiarity with LCA tools, software and databases such as OneClick LCA, SimaPro, GaBi and E-tool
• A positive attitude to interacting with clients, stakeholders and colleagues
• Applied knowledge of UK and international legislation, LCA standards and guidance, and best practice principles, especially where this includes approaches to carbon management.
• A relevant degree at Masters’ level (or equivalent experience or knowledge) in environmental sciences, engineering or the sustainability realm, and a robust level of competence in conducting numerical analyses in Excel and other digital apps/packages (e.g. LCA tools, MS Excel, Power BI).
Rewards & Benefits
As well as a range of exciting projects to work on, you will be part of a highly successful and dynamic team. You will receive ongoing training and support to further progress your career. An excellent Work life balance is also on offer with my client’s culture being very employee focused.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, my client offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of their flexible benefits scheme.
My client has a highly inclusive culture and encourages diversity.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.