Mattinson Partnership has been exclusively retained by one of the most respected and established ecological consultancies in the UK, who are looking for one or more Senior Ecologists to join their friendly and experienced team in either their Oxford, Cambridge or Newcastle Office. This represents an excellent opportunity to work for an independent industry-leading consultancy to deliver projects across a wide range of sectors and with a diverse range of clients.
If you are a Senior Ecologist with at least three years of ecological consultancy experience this opportunity is one to consider. You will be joining a well-established team of experienced ecologists, many of whom have 15+ years of experience, who will work with you to develop your consultancy skills through mentoring and a tailored training programme.
* You will take responsibility for complex, high-profile and ecologically interesting projects.
* You will have at least three years consultancy experience, a broad ecological skill-set and ideally at least one or more protected species licences.
* Knowledge and understanding of the planning system and current and evolving wildlife policy and legislation is essential.
* You will have the ability to identify, understand, and resolve ecological issues and communicate these clearly through written outputs and effective client liaison skills.
About the company and its benefits:
* A multi award-winning consultancy: ecologist owned and led.
* Influential in policy steering groups and on panels dealing with development of DEFRA Metric (biodiversity net gain), Ecological Careers and Professional Standards and in contributing to industry standard guidance such as all three editions of BCT's Bat Survey Guidelines
* A supportive and friendly working environment with a competitive salary and benefits package and an opportunity to work flexibly.
* A commitment to developing staff as rounded consultants through a balanced workload that will include fieldwork, bidding, reporting, project management and business development.
* A commitment to investing in training and wellbeing; developing robust health and safety and staff wellbeing policies and action plans with a view to safeguarding staff and ensuring a happy company-wide team
* Use of sophisticated cloud-based project management systems, allowing work to be shared easily between offices and allowing efficient remote working.
If this sounds like the sort of environment you can see yourself working in, and you have 3 plus years of ecological consultancy experience, please do not hesitate to get in touch at ges@mattinsonpartnership,com or alternatively call 0209602583 for a confidential conversation to discuss the position in more detail.