Fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Contaminated Land specialist looking to accelerate their career by joining this new and exciting Consultancy. This unique role would suit someone who is entrepreneurial and excited at the prospect of joining a firm in its infancy and play a key role in its development.
My client has been going for a little over three years and already have an exceptional reputation with a range of prestigious clients across the region. Their ethos is to partner with their clients and offer highly valuable advice and solutions on site acquisition and planning.
This approach is fast winning them a host of prestigious developer clients and the scope to develop them further is huge. Due to this success the Founding Director of the business has identified a key opportunity for someone to lead and manage the ground investigation side of their business.
The role will be diverse and interesting, offering you the chance to be involved in a raft of different activities, both field and office-based.
The position comes with a lot of autonomy, so would suit someone who possesses a lot of initiative and drive.
In return, my client provides a relaxed but professional working culture. You will be well supported, whilst also being self-managed to a large extent. You will be able to drive innovation and ideas within the business, with the opportunity to grow and develop the team around you. There is also the opportunity to take an equity stake within the business in due course should you wish. My client also offers highly flexible working arrangements to suit your personal goals.
Ideally You Will Have the Following
• Relevant scientific background in Geology, Environmental Sciences, Hydrogeology, Geological Engineering, or Geotechnical Engineering.
• Experience in the delivery of site investigations and supervision of subcontractors.
• Excellent client interfacing skills
• Strong safety background including CSCS card.
• Soil logging experience.
• Experienced in the use of field equipment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel software.
• Valid driving license
• Performing Phase I non-intrusive walkovers, audits and desktop assessments.
• Safe delivery of site investigations on brownfield sites, both active and vacant.
• Supervision of specialist subcontractors – drilling companies and plant operators
• Geological logging, performing field testing and gathering field data during investigations.
• Sampling of soils, groundwater and ground gases.
• Environmental monitoring.
• Have strong technical writing, data management, organizational and communication skills.
• Support the tendering team in preparing proposals and site investigation specifications.
• Manage tasks and projects.
• Apply quality assurance and quality control processes.
• Diligent and accurate data gathering.
• Travel throughout the UK to support client’s needs. Overseas travel may also be possible as My client has a number of Clients and projects in Europe.
The package will be tailored to suit the individual depending on level of experience. Flexible working arrangements available to suit your situation.
My client offers competitive compensation including significant profit share/bonus. You will also have access to a fully expensed company 4x4.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.