Career defining opportunity for an experienced Health Impact Assessment Consultant to play a pivotal role within a leading consultancy business working on a host of prestigious projects in the UK and globally.
My client is one of the most respected firms to work for. They are an independent multi-disciplinary consultancy offering a broad range of professional services on some of the most significant projects in the UK and globally. Through their work, they make a positive difference in the world.
My Client’s impact assessment team forms part of the Environmental Consulting business, which comprises teams covering a range of environmental specialisms. The team coordinates, manages and produces impact assessments, working with a variety of technical disciplines on a wide range of development types. The team have expertise in environmental impact assessment (EIA), strategic environmental assessment (SEA), health impact assessment (HIA), integrated impact assessment (IIA), environmental and social due diligence (ESDD), preliminary environmental appraisals, feasibility studies and contribution to guidance documents.
They have a track record of delivering impact assessments for a range of development types, including high profile, major infrastructure projects. They currently undertake impact assessments for some of the most significant infrastructure projects in the UK.
I am seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced health impact assessment (HIA) practitioner to work within r impact assessment team, delivering and managing HIA projects and helping to grow the HIA my clients business. I would welcome interest from candidates looking for either a part-time or full-time position.
The position is for a Senior HIA Practitioner to work within my client’s Environmental Consulting business in London. You will deliver HIAs and population and human health assessments for projects at all levels, including major national infrastructure, transport and urban development projects, policies, strategies and plans. Clients will include private developers, public sector authorities and other organisations. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary environment alongside other environmental, planning, engineering and urban design specialists, and will work closely with technical disciplines (both internal and external to my client) to deliver high quality environmental consultancy services.
Responsibilities & Tasks
Managing and delivering stand-alone HIAs, population and human health assessments as part of environmental impact assessment (EIA), strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and integrated impact assessment (IIA).
• Reviewing health assessments and providing HIA advisory services to local authority clients.
• Providing advice on healthy design, mitigation and enhancement measures.
• Liaising with health sector stakeholders, organising and chairing community engagement events.
• Project management activities including programming and budget control.
• Assisting with HIA business development and marketing activities.
As a member of the Impact Assessment Team you may be required at times to contribute to project delivery and/or bidding in relation to other types of assessment including EIA, IIA and ESDD.
Ideally You Will Have The Following
You will be a motivated, enthusiastic and competent individual with HIA consultancy experience.
You will require the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
• Good understanding of HIA and experience of application of relevant legislation, policy and guidance in respect to HIA for a range of project types.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable working on multiple tasks and projects at any one time.
• Ability to manage and direct more junior staff.
• Good analytical skills with a focus on finding solutions in relation to HIA technical and project management issues.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must have excellent report writing skills.
• Experience of working within a commercial environment, including client liaison, programme and time management, quality assurance and financial/budget control.
• A focus on meeting and exceeding client requirements and a commitment to technical quality and excellence.
Experience in one or more of the following technical areas is preferred:
• Environmental impact assessment (EIA).
• Policy assessment (Integrated Impact Assessment, Strategic Environmental Assessment, Sustainability Appraisal).
• Environmental and social due diligence (ESDD).
• Education to degree level, preferably a Masters degree.
• Member of an appropriate institute.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by my client and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.