Exciting opportunity for an experienced Remediation Project Manager to join a highly regarded and growing niche independent contracting firm my client offers a highly enjoyable working environment, with a range of interesting and diverse project types.
As part of our ongoing expansion and confirmed future workload we have identified the requirement for a Remediation Project Manager. This is a permanent position working with our experienced team on all aspects of remediation.
Attractive salary and benefits will accompany excellent career development opportunities within a thriving & expanding business.
Candidates will likely have a minimum of 6 years relevant experience in contaminated land remediation, including experience in a contracting role, and in project management.
Working knowledge of a range of soil and groundwater remedial approaches as well as basic knowledge of earthworks practices is desired, although further training will be provided as required.
A valid driving licence is essential. Key personal attributes are good communication, a team player, initiative, organisation, resolve, flexibility and ambition.
Portsmouth – Initially required to manage a large remediation project on the South Coast of England (Portsmouth), therefore a location either within commuting distance of this, or alternatively the ability to travel and stay away as required (expenses covered). Full time site attendance is not required for this role. There will also be some requirement to travel to my clients offices in Bristol and Essex. An element of home working can be included in the role if desirable.
Responsibilities & Tasks
Training will be provided subject to skills and experience.
• Manage the technical and commercial aspects of projects
• Work with the Operations team to ensure objectives and scope are delivered, including writing and updating programmes and resource plans
• Manage contract variations and communicate changes to the project team
• Internal and external progress reporting
• Valuations, invoicing and client liaison
• Identify value engineering and cost saving options as projects progress
• Identify key risks/issues during projects, communicate and resolve with the team
• Ensure that health, safety and environmental obligations are met – including
• Compilation/update of method statements, drawings, logging and closeout of accidents/incidents etc
• Ensure legislative compliance on projects – including obtaining permits, licenses and consents as required
• Ensure contractual, commercial and technical/verification close out of projects
• Oversight of project purchasing, including approval of purchase orders, review of suppliers performance and invoices etc
• Supervise/mentor technical staff
• Report writing and compilation – strong written skills required
• Technical review of data/reports and QA/QC checking
• Build and maintain relationships with clients/consultants/suppliers to optimise current and future contracts performance
• Communicate lessons learned and knowledge gained to other staff
Rewards & Benefits
Our client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.