Exciting opportunity for an experienced Contaminated Land/Remediation specialist consultant to join a highly regarded and growing niche independent contracting firm. My client offers a highly enjoyable working environment, with a range of interesting and diverse project types.
My client is seeking a suitably qualified person to join their existing team based either from their Bristol or Essex office working on projects based across the South West.
As part of their ongoing expansion and confirmed future workload, my client has identified the requirement for Remediation Engineers/Senior Remediation Engineers (job title dependent on experience).
The main job role is assisting with the technical delivery of remediation and enabling projects. Attractive salary and benefits will accompany excellent career development and training opportunities within a thriving and expanding business.
Candidates will ideally have 1-5 years relevant experience in a related discipline. Ideally a significant portion of this time will have been spent on-site, carrying out sampling etc.
Knowledge of soil description, sampling, soil and groundwater remedial approaches and asbestos in soil would be advantageous, although full training will be provided.
A valid driving licence is essential and the role will involve a reasonable amount of travel (van to be provided for business use).
Key personal attributes are good communication, a team player, organisation, resolve, flexibility and ambition.
Bristol or Rayleigh, Essex - Both vacancies will include significant time working on sites, mainly through the south of England, and some overnight stays will be required (expenses covered).
Responsibilities & Tasks
Training will be provided subject to skills and experience
Pre-start organisation & planning of projects:
• Drawings, including basic use of Autocad
• Co-ordinating / appointing subcontractors
• Assisting with production of remediation strategies, materials management plans, method statements, risk assessments
• Assisting with obtaining licences, permits and regulatory approvals including compilation of supporting technical information
Delivery of projects:
• Working with site personnel to ensure projects are implemented safely
• Monitoring environmental emissions and ensuring control measures are implemented where required
• Direct/supervise site activities such as excavations
• Set up, operate and maintain soil and water treatment systems
• Carrying out verification contamination sampling, scheduling laboratory analysis and assessing results
• Arranging laboratory and site geotechnical/earthworks testing
• Waste classification and managing duty of care for disposal
• Use of GPS equipment to record and set out basic information
• Maintaining and using equipment such as PID, noise meter, CBR probe etc
• Ensure site records are kept up to date (e.g. stockpile registers, validation records, sample location drawings)
• Assisting with co-ordinating/appointing subcontractors
• Ongoing liaison with clients representatives or third party verification engineers
• Compilation of data and drafts for verification/completion reports, health & safety files etc.