Would you like to work at the forefront of Air Quality consulting and policy? This fantastic opportunity offers you the chance work on a diverse range of high-profile projects not only in the UK, but also internationally.
My client is a highly regarded multinational consultancy with an outstanding track record in delivering exceptional and industry-leading Air Quality consulting advice to a range of high-profile clients, both in the private and public sector, here in the UK and also internationally.
My client provides high quality and pioneering assessment work as well as undertaking policy and strategy work for local and central Government. They enjoy a fantastic reputation for their expertise and employ many leading experts within the discipline. They have an enviable and diverse client base which will ensure a rich variety of projects for you to be involved in.
The work will involve significant dispersion modelling, air quality and odour impact assessments, permitting applications and environmental management programs.
My client is an award-winning employer who offers a relaxed and enjoyable working environment, within modern office space. They have flexible attitude to working arrangements and fully support a positive work-life balance. The role comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme.
My client is willing to consider exceptional individuals located anywhere in the UK as long as they are willing to travel to London on a regular basis.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Leading technical projects related air quality/odour/dust
• Providing robust technical advice to clients on issues related to Air Quality Assessment and regulatory compliance
• Mentoring other Air Quality specialists working on a wide number of projects
• Output of industry leading air quality assessment deliverables whilst working within project budgets and timescales
• Provide tender responses to client requests for work and input into large bids when required
• Keep abreast of current legislation, relevant national and international standards and guidelines and technical developments within the relevant field
• Contribute to a forward order book and forecast to provide visibility of future workload
• Ensure that a safe culture exists in the operations of the business
Experience & Skills Required
• Minimum 8-10 years relevant experience in a consultancy environment
• A proven track record in business development and client relationship management.
• Expert knowledge of the air quality assessment process
• Expert knowledge of UK air quality legislation and guidance. Including the DMRB, LAQM Technical Guidance and relevant documents from the IAQM and EPUK
• A thorough understanding of the technicalities of air quality dispersion modelling including the use of ADMS, ADMS-Roads and AERMOD
• Air quality and odour monitoring experience
• The ability to use GIS software for mapping (QGIS and Surfer)
• Highly computer literate, including strong Excel skills.
• Evidence of project managing large air quality projects including management of junior staff
• A first degree in a relevant technical discipline
• A second degree (Phd or Masters) in a relevant technical discipline would be advantageous
• Full membership of a relevant technical institution (IES/IAQM/IEMA)
• A relevant chartership would be advantageous (CSci or CEnv)
• A full UK driving licence is essential to the role
Benefits of this Role & Employer
• Working at the forefront of the industry alongside leading air-quality professionals
• Gain significant responsibility compared to your current role
• Huge variety of work, both public and private sector
• Significant career progression
• Policy as well as development led work
• Repeatedly voted a top employer in surveys
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will be a key member of the growing team. Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
Rewards & Benefits
Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and car allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.