One of the most sought-after Planning consultancies in the UK and internationally, with their own well established EIA team, is looking to add a highly experienced EIA specialist to their business. Having gone from strength to strength in the past 2 years, they are set for further growth to meet the demand from the impressive range of clients. If you are an ambitious EIA professional looking for a new challenge, then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
My client’s Environmental Planning Team is active across the whole of the UK and boast a range of exciting projects to work on. Their ongoing success has led to this exciting opportunity for an Associate or Associate Director being created.
A preferred geographical location for the role is London or Manchester. However, in recognition of the increased trend for remote working, flexibility in geographical location will be considered, albeit travel to client meetings will be required as necessary.
The focus will be on the delivery of complex and large-scale projects. This will include, but not be limited to full management and delivery of projects; quality assurance and sign-off of deliverables (Associate Director level); full client liaison and client management/care; full project financial management; business development, marketing and networking; team management and mentoring; product development and innovation; operational management; and contribution to business strategy.
The opportunity would ideally suit an individual with a broad knowledge of environmental disciplines, but with expert knowledge and practical experience of dealing with the UK planning system, the relevant EIA Regulations, property and infrastructure projects.
The main focus of this role will be on the delivery of highly prestigious Urban regeneration projects across the UK. You will be an integral part of the delivery team.
Manchester or London (Considerable Flexible Working Available)
• Ambitious and confident character.
• Fast thinking and versatile, with a passion for the sector.
• Membership to a relevant professional organisation (preferably the Institute of Environmental Assessment and Management (IEMA)) and/or be a Chartered Environmentalist.
• Experience co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teams; experience working with and managing various project stakeholders; project management experience, including the financial monitoring and management of projects.
• Excellent written skills, with specific experience authoring EIA Screening reports/requests, EIA Scoping reports/request, Environmental Statements (ESs) and other related deliverables .
• Communication skills; a pro-active and collaborative team approach, engendering inclusion, support and motivation amongst your peers; a desire to go beyond process and procedure, with an ability to think innovatively to enhance outcomes for clients.
Joining my client’s Environmental Planning Team will provide opportunities to meaningfully contribute to the growth of the business and allow an individual to develop their career with hands on support from leading industry experts. In addition, my client offers excellent remuneration; an additional bonus scheme; one of the most generous benefits package in the industry; exposure to a highly regarded professional team and top-end clients; opportunities for Continued Professional Development (CPD); and a rewarding corporate culture and working environment.
My client is a Global company offering a comprehensive suite of commercial real estate services, including transaction, management, financial and advisory services. Their Environmental Planning Team forms part of the Planning, Development and Regeneration (PDR) Business Unit. The Environmental Planning Team provides complementary services to their master-planning and town-planning commissions throughout the UK in addition to providing services to other Business Units and direct to range of varied external clients. The services of the Environmental Planning Team seek to manage the environmental planning risks of clients. Services include, but are not exclusive to all matters relating to Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA); the provision of environmental constraints and opportunities planning at the site feasibility and master-planning stages of a project; and the provision of high-level strategic environmental planning advice for complex situations at all stages of the development life-cycle.