An exciting opportunity to join a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects. The aim is to deliver affordable and sustainable solar power for businesses and communities around the world. With solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, this is a chance to 'be the change' - driving the world's energy transition to a more sustainable future.
This role will focus on identifying, tracking and reporting environmental and social planning risks at the project and portfolio level.
The role will involve working closely with the International Business Development (IBD) team (who are responsible for identifying all new markets), Technical, Legal and relevant in-country development teams in the completion of due diligence assessments of acquisitions, Co-Development, and Greenfield projects/portfolios within new market countries.
Duties and responsibilities
* Working closely with International Business Development (IBD), Technical, Legal and relevant in-country teams in the completion of due diligence assessments of solar PV projects/portfolios within new market countries.
* Reviewing Fatal Flaw Analysis / Feasibility Studies / Red Flag Reports undertaken by external Technical and Legal Advisors, commenting critically on the environmental and social planning findings of these reports.
* Identifying and reporting on environmental and social planning project/portfolio risks, gaps in information, processes and timeframes.
* Tracking risks and Co-Developer responses/solutions
* Participating in reviewing and commenting on Co-Development agreements, specifically relating to planning / permitting aspects.
* You should have a sound working knowledge of environmental and social planning and permitting processes (i.e. preparation of EIAs/ESIAs, community consultation, review of permit conditions etc).
* A good understanding and keen interest in solar PV, renewables industry.
* Understanding of the Due Diligence and risk analysis / feasibility assessment process
* Commercial awareness / development experience will be of benefit.
* Relevant planning experience, ideally with experience in more than 1 jurisdiction
* Ground mount solar PV or other renewables energy/infrastructure project experience.
* Degree level planning qualification required.
The culture is driven by their core values. From operating safely to ensuring the solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
They offer a competitive salary, and a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits.
There is also a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Initiatives to get involved with including our charitable causes, supporting their solar honey project or their sustainability initiatives.
There is also the opportunity to work from abroad as part of the flexible working approach.
If you have a skill set suited to this role or are keen to hear more about the opportunity, please call Georgia on 02079602583 or to discuss in more detail.