Do you want to join a growing award-winning environmental and sustainability team, focused on creating sustainable futures in the delivery of some of the most complex and challenging infrastructure projects? We are looking for a Senior Environmental and Sustainability Consultant with a broad range of EIA experience and the desire to help us shape a better world.
You will have the opportunity to work across a portfolio of projects that includes securing consents (TCPA, TWA, DCO and hybrid Bill) for some of the most high profile major infrastructure projects and delivering environment and social impact assessment and sustainability appraisal of other development projects and programmes.
You will be responsible for:
* Coordination and / or supporting the delivery of high-quality EIA for a variety of infrastructure projects (working across a wide range of sectors);
* Undertaking your own work to an excellent standard, and reviewing the work of others;
* Expertly managing projects including resources, deliverables, subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback;
* Providing environmental advice and support to clients, project managers and colleagues;
* Engaging with consultees and stakeholders;
* Working collaboratively within diverse multi-disciplinary teams;
* Leading on and supporting proposals / bids;
* Client facing, business development and winning new work, with support from others;
* Mentoring junior staff and encouraging their personal development;
* Taking an active part in developing Arup's presence on external bodies and organisations and developing best practice in the field.
Requirements and skills
* Degree qualified in environmental science or related.
* Working towards Chartered Environmentalist, with a relevant institution (preferably IEMA).
* Demonstrable experience in leading environmental impact assessment of major projects and / or Nationally Significant Infrastructure.
* Strong project management skills including demonstrable experience of managing financial and quality performance and risk.
* Strong business development skills, with demonstrable experience of liaising with and managing clients and developing business, for example managing and coordinating proposals.
* Strong desire to encourage junior team members in their professional development.
* Specialist technical skill in an EIA topic and/or in the practical application of sustainability appraisal tools would be a distinct advantage.
Rewards and benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
If this opportunity sounds of interest, please do not hestitate to call Georgia on 020 7960 2583 or and we can discuss in more detail, or the wider market in general. Not for you? We offer a £250 referral fee as a thank you for every successful placement.