Mattinson Partnership has been exclusively retained by one of the most highly established Ecological consultancies in the UK in the search for a Senior Ecologist to join their friendly Oxford Office. It presents an excellent opportunity to work for an independent consultancy on a variety of projects spanning the transportation, industrial, residential and commercial sectors for a variety of clients.
If you are a Senior Ecologist with an enthusiasm for biodiversity net gain and the environment in the UK this opportunity is one to consider. It will allow you to join a well-established team to develop your pre-existing consultancy skills in a bespoke training package whilst working alongside a team who are experts in the field, and sit on decision making panels across the Ecology sector. Examples of these include the development of DEFRA Metric, Ecological Careers and Professional Standards and BCT's Bat Survey Guidelines.
* Working on complex, high profile and ecologically interesting projects.
* There is importance placed on a having a balanced workload that will include fieldwork, bidding, reporting and project management
* The opportunity to work on projects that you wish - a benefit of working for an Ecologist owned and led Consultancy
* There are opportunities to work on business development if desired.
* They understand the importance of maintaining a work life balance, and sometimes unlike the approach at a multidisciplinary, there is a thought-out resourcing plan of work in order to make sure there are reasonable expectations with regards to work load.
* Another approach the consultancy has for their employees is that you would not pigeon-holed on single large projects or asked to specialise in specific types of work unless you express a particular interest in doing so.
* There is a sophisticated cloud based technology, ensuring a more convenient way to work across offices or remotely.
* Training and career development is prioritised, so upon joining you would be provided with a structured training programme that will give you exposure to a range of consulting skills.
* The consultancy has been awarded CIEEM's Medium Consultancy of the Year, Best Large-scale Mitigation Project in 2020 and Outstanding Best Practice award in 2019.
If this sounds like the sort of environment you can see yourself working in, and you have 3 plus years of ecological consultancy experience, please do not hesitate to get in touch at ges@mattinsonpartnership,com or alternatively call 0209602583 for a confidential conversation to discuss the position in more detail.