A opportunity has arisen for a Chartered General Practice Surveyor to join the Corporate Development team with the main work load within the City boundaries. As the Principal Surveyor, you will support the Head of Corporate Development Management in the initiation and delivery of feasibility studies to meet the requirements of client service departments.
You will have to demonstrate a track record of delivery, complex projects and stakeholder management. Experience of the corporate asset environment and full life-cycle development delivery would also be advantageous.
The role will consist of:
* Supporting client departments in identifying deliverable property solutions to ensure effective service delivery;
* Initiating and developing feasibility studies to support decisions on potential refurbishments, redevelopments, acquisition and disposals including procuring, instructing and managing consultants;
* Stakeholder engagement and management;
* Securing budgets, monitoring and reporting on spend;
* Marketing and disposing of surplus property and negotiation of any associated agreements including development agreements/leases or licences;
* Acquiring, by way of lease or freehold purchase operational accommodation for Client departments;
* Undertaking valuations, development appraisals and option appraisals as necessary to support decision making.
The team provides professional advice and expertise to all Corporation departments and Committees in respect of the corporate property portfolio and comprises of:
* Corporate Asset Management
* Corporate Development Management
* The Heritage Estate Cartography/CAD/Plans and Record Guildhall/Workplace management