Join a company who are specialist manufacturer of flexible film isolators to a global client base. An innovative market leader in engineering research and development are seeking a Buyer.
You will act as the primary interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and assist colleagues as required with sourcing material and component requirements for new projects and activities.
Location: Stockport (hybrid working options available)
Salary: up to £36K per annum
You have excellent purchasing experience and knowledge to for fulfilling demand are sourced, procured, and expedited in line with the requirements of the business. Your mindset is collaborative, with a 'team first' attitude. This allows you to see the bigger picture and communicate effectively at all levels. You have the ability to prioritise a dynamic workload and select, manage, and develop suppliers.
You will act as the primary interface between other relevant departments on purchasing processes and assist colleagues as required with sourcing material and component requirements for new projects and activities.
* Daily placement of requisitions and orders to fall in line with requirements through MRP
* Oversea and maintain min/max and reorder levels in line with current demand to prevent stock outs
* Work closely with the design team to order and manage project related spend in line with work estimates.
* Meet regularly with the design and operations team to review performance to the production plan, review overdue orders and advise of future demand requirements with an eye towards inventory reducing goals.
* Responsible for analysis of delivery issues and corrective actions to liaise with suppliers.
* Work with the production planner to understand longer term demand requirements and ensure raw material supply plan can support the business plan.
* Work with the procurement team to obtain savings through economies of scale or shared resources.
* Act as an interface between suppliers and relevant internal departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
* Communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations, or which might present risk (or opportunity) to the organisation.
* Monitor market trends and supplier developments.
If you are interested, please either apply to this job or send your CV and a brief outline of your relevant experience to email@example.com. If you know someone else that may be interested, please forward this to them.