An independent, employee-owned, international multi-disciplinary real estate consultancy is seeking an experienced Building Physics Professional to lead its accomplished team. The organisation work on a diverse portfolio of major national projects including project work with developers, residents and owners.
Operating across 18 UK offices alone, the successful candidate will be based out of the London, Manchester or Birmingham office, joining a diverse team of engineers, consultants, project managers and surveyors. Additionally, you'll remain in continual liaison with team members across the country, as well as across Europe.
* People and project management; overseeing the successful completion of projects.
* Plan future developments for the team including consideration and comparison of recent software.
* Plan own and team workload and act as a mentor for junior team members.
* Support the team with your refined technical capability in building physics; from concept design, thermal modelling and option comparisons.
* Understand the input required for associated disciplines across all design stages: sustainability MEP and architecture.
* Coordinate with team members organisation-wide, notably the design team and engineers.
* A strong understanding of the thermal analysis required at each design stage.
* Perform site inspections and produce technical reports.
* Provide thought leadership.
* Present to audiences who possess both technical and non-technical knowledge of thermal analysis.
* 7+ years experience in a similar role.
* Educated to degree level in an Engineering or Sustainability related course.
* Explicit E.P.C experience - NDEA Level 4 and 5 and a strong understanding of whole-building energy use.
* Proficiency with IES software, ideally IES VE.
* Appropriate professional qualifications, including LCC and Energy Assessor (Level 5).
* Track record of project and team management.
* Knowledge in methods used to reduce energy and carbon e.g. carbon management, energy assessments as well as associated frameworks e.g. PAS 2080.
* Experience in providing supporting input for sustainable building assessments such as BREEAM, LEED, and WELL.
* Proven track record of working on projects in the built environment, ideally in real estate.
* Happy to travel.
* Passion for a sustainable, low carbon future within infrastructure.
If you'd be interested in finding out more about the role and company, apply directly or contact me at or 0207 960 2581.