One of the UK's leading planning and design consultancies are looking for a Director Landscape Planner in their Manchester office. The Landscape Planning team currently has project work that includes residential, mixed use, infrastructure, windfarm, energy and minerals projects at various stages through the planning process and at various scales. You should have strong technical ability including strong working knowledge of the UK planning system and of undertaking LVIA's.
* Writing and preparing Landscape and visual impact assessments, Townscape and visual impact assessments and tall building assessment, Landscape and visual impact assessment chapter for inclusion in Environmental Statements, Preliminary landscape and visual appraisals to inform the development process, Strategic assessments of landscape designated land such as Green Belts and Strategic Gaps and Landscape Capacity Studies
* Site appraisals, report writing and overseeing preparation of illustrative material
* Working as both a team member and a mentor to less experienced colleagues where required
* Briefing landscape technicians for the preparation of supporting illustrative and photographic material
* Project management, managing projects within agreed timescales and fees, and overseeing less experienced team members working on smaller projects
This is an exciting opportunity for a planner with interests in report writing and the design process and who could contribute to it. This position allows for you to get involved in a wide range of projects of a prestigious nature and work as part of a multi-disciplinary planning and design practise with a strong reputation for their work. For further information on this or any other related positions please contact Luke on 07525 100 904 or