Amidst a period of growth, an independent organisation specialising in Specialist for Planning, Sustainability and Building Regulations is looking for an experienced Energy and Sustainability Consultant. By joining the Planning Department, you're expected to have an in-depth knowledge of London's policies surrounding energy and sustainability.
* Use IES VE to calculate overheating, daylight and energy performance
* Ensure policies are met, specifically regarding the GLA's 2019 Energy Planning Guidance and the London Plan 2020.
* Liaise with other internal departments, such as the design team, ensuring organisational cohesion, ensuring client satisfaction regarding energy solutions.
* Present strategies to stakeholders at board level
* Secure new business by attending tender interviews
* Clearly explain complex concepts to a non-specialist audience
* Assess and interpret technical datasheets and architectural drawings
Desirable Qualities and Experience
* Proficient in IES, including the use of ModelIT, Suncast, ApacheSim & Macroflo
* Educational and/or professional background in building services.
* Relevant professional body membership, such as CIBSE
* A clear understanding of sustainable development principles e.g., district heating, building fabric performance and overheating analysis/
* Part L compliance assessments experience for both commercial and residential properties
* EPC Level 5
* Good knowledge of HVAC
* A good relationship with the London Boroughs and GLA
* Comfortable engaging with GLA with project experience
* TM54 Circular Economy and WLC
The head office is in Cirencester, but this position has the option to be remote from anywhere in the UK or Italy.
If you're interested in finding out more about this opportunity, apply directly or reach me at or on 0207 9602581.