Your role includes: working with others in the team or multi-disciplinary project teams, as required; being responsible to the Managing Director for technical and business performance; responsibility for mentoring junior staff and assisting with business development; liaising with others in the environmental team as well as with other Environmental Specialists in other company offices and actively participating in networking.
You will be working on projects ranging from project-specific assessments and designs for flood mitigation and SuDS through to advice on the implementation of National Policies. The team's projects are development-based and range across retail, commercial, housing, energy, transport and public sector developments, providing a wide range of project experience across the country.
As a Senior Hydrology Consultant your brief will include;
* You will be a chartered consultant with 4+years experience
* Client lead, liaison with regulators and other external organisations, supervision of Assistant Consultant grade and Consultants (independent).
* Technical reporting and review of colleagues reporting i.e. Level 1, 2 and 3. Review (independent)/Approval (independent/under supervision - on a project by project basis). Input into Level 4 reports may be requested.
* Providing technical expertise to colleagues they are a technical expert in their discipline (independent).
* Management of one or more Consultant and Senior Consultant grade staff (independent).
* Project Management; prepare and issue fee proposals & supervision of Consultant and Senior Consultant grades (independent).
* Responsibility for meeting client deadlines and expectations (independent).
* Financial management; setting up projects on Union Square, line items, client contact details and forward forecasting (independent).
* Manage Consultant and Senior Consultant grades; approval of timesheets and regular review of progress (independent).
* Completing timesheets and project tracking sheets for Consultant and Senior Consultant grades (independent).
* Manage day to day workflow and issues (independent).
* Report to senior management (independent).
* Oversee training and chartership progression (independent).
* Maintain existing client base and grow new clients where the opportunity presents (independent).
* Site walkovers and access negotiation (independent).
* Risk assessments; preparation of RAMS, review RAMS of all grades (independent).
* You must have an understanding of the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK General Data Protection Regulations to ensure you conduct business practices in a manner compliant with and its principles to ensure that all personal data is secure, accurate and up to date at all times.