An oppurtunity has opened at one of the UK's largest geotechnical and contaminated land consultancies. The company now has an exciting opportunity for a Geo-environmental Consultant to join the growing team in Coventry. Working alongside an experienced team you will get involved with a vast array of development projects.
A Geotechnical Consultant to sit within the Geotechnical North Team to be responsible for assisting the team with undertaking earthworks, site investigations, technical assessments, reporting and geotechnical design and works supervision. Good communication skills and training will be given on project management and geotechnical design and supervision. The candidate must work well within a team environment and be self-motivated. The successful candidate will be predominantly responsible for assisting with projects in the West Midlands (but could be in other areas of the UK for rare short durations to assist other teams). More specifically you will be:
* Running and/or supporting Phase I & II Geotechnical/geo-environmental ground investigations for all scales of projects and types of site with senior support as necessary
* Undertaking site works using a variety of intrusive investigation methods.
* Soil logging to current UK standards, including laboratory scheduling.
* Writing factual and interpretative reports.
* Supervising remediation and earthworks projects (training provided).
* Undertaking geotechnical design, analysis and modelling.
* Developing project management skills within the team working alongside more experienced personnel.
* Liaising with clients, regulators and internal specialists (as necessary).
These particular roles would be suitable for applicants who are looking develop their career to the next stage. Critically you will understand the importance of building strong working relationships by delivering a successful service on time and within budget.
* BSc or equivalent in Geology, Engineering Geology, Geotechnics or Civil Engineering or similar.
* MSc desirable but not essential within Geotechnical disciplines.
* Working towards Chartered status with a relevant institution.
* Typically requires at least 2-5 years relevant experience.
* An understanding of geology, ground investigation works and geotechnics.
* Able to complete factual and interpretative assessments to a basic level.
* Able to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy.
* Track record in managing time and resources effectively and within budget.
Salary and benefits
* Commensurate with experience
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Training by senior team members to enable technical and managerial progression
* Significant support and encouragement to enable career progression
* A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays
* We encourage Continuing Professional Development and as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society, we are committed to supporting candidates through the Pathway to Chartership.