We are seeking a talented and motivated Drainage Engineer to lead and grow our drainage capability. You will have a varied workstream with projects ranging from outline and detailed drainage design, provision of due diligence advice during property transactions, preparation of Construction Cost Assessments and undertake trade effluent compliance. You will be working daily with a diverse range of both public and private sector clients.
You will have excellent drainage knowledge and be able to solve complex drainage matters whilst at the same time be able to distil detailed information in a succinct, client friendly manner.
The successful candidate will be supported by an AutoCAD Technician and you will work closely with the Flood Risk Manager, wider Environmental Team.
The Role will Involve:
* Technical leadership and delivery of surface water and foul drainage schemes to support planning and the construction phase;
* Undertake hydraulic calculations using MicroDrainage or Causeway Flow software;
* Preparation of tender stage drainage drawings, specifications and respond to tender queries;
* Technical review of drainage design and calculations undertaken by others;
* Scope out, commission, supervise and manage sub-contractors;
* Preparing drainage due diligence reports and advising on abnormal development costs to support property transactions;
* Developing and building the drainage capability at Avison Young;
* Responsibility for fee generation, managing budgets, team performance and day to day project management; and
* Support, supervise and mentor junior colleagues.
Position Essential Requirements Include:
* A minimum BSc/BEng in Civil Engineering, Hydrological or allied subject;
* Chartered Engineer;
* Minimum of 10 years' experience in drainage design;
* Ability to undertake site inspections across the UK;
* Excellent technical report writing skills;
* Clear and confident communication skills and previous consultancy experience of liaising with clients, contractors, surveyors, water companies and local councils;
* In depth knowledge of Micro-drainage or Causeway Flow;
* In depth knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 2D/3D;
* In depth knowledge on the principles of SuDS, British Standards Sewers for Adoption, etc.;
* In depth knowledge of planning legislation in relation to drainage standards in England, Wales and Scotland; and
* A clean UK driving licence.
Position Desirable but not Essential Requirements Include:
* Experience of producing Flood Risk Assessments; and
* Knowledge of GIS packages (ArcGIS or MapInfo).