Reporting to the technical team leader, the duties of this role will include but are not limited to:
* Being able to run existing and build new fluvial and coastal models using Flood Modeller and TUFLOW.
* Being able to undertake the necessary hydrological analysis using WINFAP and ReFH2.
* With support, be able to prepare technical flood risk assessment and drainage strategy related reports to support a variety of planning applications.
* Assist with the preparation of appraisals, feasibility designs and detail designs.
* Attend sites to carry out and/or assist with surveys.
* Attend client and design team meetings as required and act as main point of contact for a variety of clients.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Working reliably as part of a technical team to provide high quality service offer to our diverse client base.
* Takes responsibility for successfully delivering elements of project work utilising effective team working skills.
* Good report/letter writing skills.
* Ability to communicate instructions clearly to other team members
* A sound understanding of project financial management.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Relevant degree (BSc, MSc, BEng, MEng etc.) or equivalent.
* Actively working towards a professional qualification via a recognised professional training scheme.
* Working knowledge of industry standards appropriate to team discipline.
* Computer literate to intermediate level with Microsoft Office Suite and relevant technical software.