Geo- Environmental Engineer – Lancashire
North West – Greater Manchester
£24,000 - £28,000 + Benefits
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Geo-Environmental Consultancy within a highly regarded, long established, specialist Ground Investigation group of companies with offices nationwide.
This client is the specialist environmental and geotechnical consultancy for a larger engineering group and is looking for an ambitious Geo-Environmental Engineer to join their Consultancy team based at the Head Office in Greater Manchester. We are an independent company within a group specialising in site investigation, environmental and geotechnical consultancy on a wide range of projects.
The successful candidate would ideally have:
• B.Sc. / M.Sc. in an Environmental or Geotechnical related subject.
• Approximately 2 - 5 years’ experience in contaminated land and geo-environmental investigations and technical report writing on sites in the UK.
• A strong technical background on environmental and geotechnical assessment and design, remediation and validation of contaminated land.
• Technical Report writing experience of Phase 1, 2, 3 and 4 stages of investigation.
• Knowledge of generic and site specific risk assessments, CLEA and other risk models, groundwater contamination, P20 assessments, landfill gas risk assessments, remediation techniques, waste soil classification, validation etc.
• Experience and understanding of current UK legislation for contaminated land.
• Geotechnical knowledge, particularly with regard to foundation assessment.
• Experience of logging soils to BS5930/Eurocode 7.
• Full UK drivers licence.
The main responsibilities of the successful candidate would be:
• Producing Technical Reports: Phase 1 Desk Studies, Phase 2 Intrusive Geo-Environmental Reports, Phase 3 Remediation Statements, Phase 4 Validation Reports on a wide range of projects.
• Providing geo-environmental expertise and advice to the Group’s area offices on a wide range of projects.
• Liaising with and providing geo-environmental consultancy advice to Clients.
• Liaising with Contaminated Land Officers, Environment Agency etc.
• Designing investigation and remediation schemes.
• Validation of remediation schemes.
• Peer review of external reports.
As an organisation they are a long established, highly respected company within the industry, looking to expand in size and the services they offer and this position would provide an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to progress their career.