Edinburgh or Leeds
£Competitive, plus excellent benefits
Our client a specialist environmental consultancy, has seen an exciting period of growth and, as such, are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly competent geo-environmental consultant to the team. They are looking to recruit a candidate for either their offices in Edinburgh or Leeds offices, where they offer Geo-Environmental services to major clients in the civil engineering, retail, land/property redevelopment, and property investment sectors.
As an organisation they are a specialist, dynamic and multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy operating from locations throughout the UK and Europe. The role will be to join an established team to play an important role in delivery of high quality solutions to a varied client portfolio.
• Preliminary geo-environmental risk assessments including desk studies and site inspections
• Undertaking geo-environmental intrusive investigations including the appointment and supervision of drilling and/or trial pitting, soil logging and sampling, scheduling of geotechnical and environmental analysis, and groundwater and ground gas monitoring.
• Logging of soils and rocks to BS5930, BS14688, BS14689 and BS22476.
• Preparing health, safety and environmental documentation including risk assessments and method statements.
• Management of site investigation field and laboratory data.
• Production of interpretive geo-environmental reports including the production of a conceptual site models, generic quantitative risk assessments, preliminary foundation design and earthworks assessments.
• Preparing ground related chapters of Environmental Statements.
• Undertake and support the design, implementation and verification of geotechnical and environmental remediation works.
The right candidate for this position will come with a degree in a relevant earth sciences or geo-environmental discipline or similar. Ideally with a relevant Masters qualification, but this is not essential. More importantly will be the candidates’ ability to demonstrate 2-5 years work experience in consultancy delivering similar project work. You must be able to work well in a team and also independently with minimal supervision and have the ability to take ownership of and manage projects to meet deadlines and project budgets. Additionally a sound knowledge of environmental and geotechnical legislation, guidance and best practice, will also be expected. Although the majority of projects will be based close to the associated office, candidates must be willing to travel should the need arise to work alongside other offices within the network.
As you would expect a very competitive salary and benefits package, is on offer in addition to continual professional development in order to provide you with the opportunity to develop your career.