Acoustician – Manchester
£24,000 - £28,000
Our Client a Leading multidisciplinary consultancy have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Acoustics consultant to join as already established team. Due to an increase in workload alongside their growth aspirations, there is a requirement for an Acoustician to join their successful in-house acoustics team. This position is based in their Central Manchester Office with occasional travel to numerous UK offices and across the country to various development sites and project meetings.
Working mainly but not exclusively in multi-disciplinary teams and on a range of projects you will be involved in exciting building and infrastructure projects in the UK and occasionally overseas.
• Undertake and manage the acoustic input to building and environmental engineering projects.
• Assist in the production of detailed 3D noise mapping models of large developments.
• Responsible for carrying out acoustic testing and environmental noise surveys across the country.
• Take on a client contact role and provide updates, briefing notes, etc as required;
• Working with senior colleagues, identify potential problems and/or weakness with the building design
• Produce technical reports to identify potential problems
• Provide support to your colleagues in the acoustics team across the UK, and in other parts of the Practice.
Qualifications and experience required:
• Degree in acoustics is preferable; however a degree in physics, mechanical engineering or other related discipline will also be acceptable
• Ideally a member of the Institute of Acoustics
• Knowledge of Soundplan noise modelling software is highly desirable.
• 2-4 years experience, part of which has been in a consultancy environment.
• Be numerate, literate and a good working knowledge of the principals of acoustics and their application in a consultancy environment.
• Working knowledge of key codes of practice and industry standards.
• Experience of noise modelling is required, and training will be provided in discrete sessions and ‘on the job’ if necessary.
• Experience with room acoustics software (Odeon, Catt Acoustic or Ease) will be an advantage.
As an individual you will be ambitious, and ready to contribute and play your part in the development and growth of the acoustics team, working alongside existing team members and colleagues throughout the Practice. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal as report writing will be one of the key aspects of this role.
In reward you will have significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. On offer is a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance